The Plan

I stared at Optimus with eyes full of tears. The leader of the Autobots looked down at the ground, kneeling down but refusing to look at me. I slowly took a step closer to him, noticing that his optics reflected sadness and regret. I then realized that he blamed himself for his death. I took another step closer to the Leader of the Autobots.

"...How did you find out?" He finally spoke

"I was stealing archives from KSI when I...found the video..." I sighed sadly before adding, "Optimus, it's not your fault"

"Ashley, it is," he said, looking at me straight in the eye, "I should have protected him, I should have been more careful, and...I should have shot that human when I had the chance"

"Optimus..." I said, "I know how you feel, but it isn't your fault, you couldn't have predicted that son of a bitch would actually kill him..."

"Ash, Sam shouldn't even have been there in the first place," said Optimus

"What do you-?"

"I summoned him there because I wanted to discuss with him what we would do next because of the government persecution," he stated, "if I wouldn't have summoned him, he would have stayed hidden and he wouldn't be dead..."

"Oh Optimus..." I said sadly

He merely sighed, looking down again. I walked up to him, touching his hand as I looked at him. He gently picked me up and placed me near his chest, and I couldn't help but hug him. He closed his optics and I do the same with my eyes. We remained like this for a few moments before we both let go.

"I have to supervise the rest..." he excused himself putting me back in the ground.

"Of course..." I gave him a sad smile, "see you around I suppose"

Optimus nodded and lifted himself up, walking away. I sighed once more and headed back to the two fluffballs of Rory and Arya, who woke up as I arrived. I smiled at them as I cuddle with the two, many thoughts filling my head.

...

We ended up crash landing at a train place. The Bots still kept some distance from me as I played with Rory and Arya around the place to kill time. I didn't find this out of place however, they were terrified of the two after all. Something I kept finding suspicious, however, was Side's occasional pitiful glances directed at me. Was something wrong?

Eventually, the three of us got tired and decided to rest under a tree's shade, waiting for Bee and the humans to show up. I was lost in thought when finally Ratch approached me.

"Ratch? What's up?" I asked, noticing his forlorn expression

"Ash I...we...we should talk," he said as Side walked over too

"Is something wrong?" I asked worriedly as I stood up

"Ash..." Side sighed heavily, "we...we are leaving..."

My heart sank as I processed the words that he has just told me. I inhaled and leaned on the tree's trunk, staring at the ground and unable to see my friends.

"R-really?" I stammered out with eyes full of tears

"Yes..." Side said quietly

"Ash I-" Ratch began

"Guys, I'd like some time alone," I interrupted as I rubbed my arms and walked away from them

"Ash..." called Side sadly

"Side, give her some space..." Ratch sighed pitifully as I felt his optics on me

I ignored them and walked away, sobbing quietly.