I

It will now be an hour or two since we broke out.
But we are still inside this huge forest, it seems that it has no end and that with every step we take it extends a few meters.

-Lily, I think we have to hurry up, you can see a little light in the middle of the trees, so soon we will already have Lant's men, with Dion at the head, on the limbs.- the boy next to me hurries to say.

-Exactly, Cassis, and I don't want to see you chained again or in a worse state: guillotined! - I just can't imagine the scene, if they managed to capture us.

-What about stopping here for a while to rest, we are already far from the manor and they would not be able to pick us up even if we are here for an hour to laze around.- he exclaims, laughing, amused by the desire and the vivid feeling of being free.

Cassis lies down on the ground and rests his head on a log, and closes his eyes to rest a little.

I also understand, he was tortured for quite some time, now that I think about it, when I was taken there, he was already in the cell chained to the usual wall with already numerous wounds on his body.

-Now that I think about it, Cassis, how long have you been a prisoner of the Agriche?- I ask him, this is one of those questions that have always remained in my mind. For example, why Lant Agriche's consent to his son's marriage to a commoner? Why are they all crazy and killer psychopaths?

I see his gaze waver, but then he answers me.

-It will be almost 3 months since I was locked up there, in that cell under torture!- poor man, he hasn't seen his family for 3 months, and has been tortured continuously, several times a day.
How can anyone be so cruel to a fellow man just because he resembles their enemy, Mr Podelian, Cassis' father, and even just for a surname.

Lately I have been missing my brother, even if he is a complete idiot, I care about him, he has been like a father to me, since both my mother and my father were never present to look after me or to assist me during illnesses or during my birthday.
He was the only one who took care of me, and that's why I can't hate him.

However Cassis and I are already almost at the end of the Black Forest, when ...

-Stop right there!!- a voice shouts behind us.
Wait, I know that voice ... no, it can't be ...
... it can't be that they've already caught us!!

Suddenly I turn my full attention to our pursuers and there is the vampire with about twenty men in tow, armed from head to toe, worse than going to war.

Dion is there on a black horse, dressed in the usual clothes he uses for sword training.

-Lily. Come here.- fuck is pissed off now, a long day of interrogation and torture, both physical and psychological, will be waiting for me.

-Cassis, I ... I'm sorry ... I ...- I tell him in a whisper left to the wind.
I don't want to cause trouble or worse situations in Cassis.
So I begin to take a few steps in the direction where Dion is.
The scarlet-eyed boy doesn't notice me, because his gaze is fxed on Cassis ... it's all my fault ... if I'd been quicker to get out of my room and free Cassis, we'll already be free and thoughtless.

-Take him to the security cells right away, and I want you to watch his every step at all hours. Furthermore, I demand that no one but me access his cell.- he announces with a cold and authoritative tone of voice to his subordinates who did not hesitate to chain Cassis.