IV

I wouldn't know what to choose, initially I wouldn't even want to go to the wedding in the first place, but being obliged and the main thing the bride, I can't be absent.
However, the dress that I need the most right now is a simple black dress ready for mourning.
Just thinking about it makes me sick, a wedding scene of bliss, usually, followed by an execution.
I don't know exactly why Dion really wants to marry me, I think it will be one of the only mysteries I will never have the courage to ask him.
Maybe if I ask Dion to be able to see Cassis, before the wedding, so that I can give him my last respects, because despite everything he, even if he is now a prisoner, is still from a noble family and does not deserve such a disrespect towards him by executing him in this way, like thieves and real criminals.

And as I understand, eavesdropping on a conversation of Lady Roxana, that her family members were also invited to see this scene.

-Could you send for Dion, please.- as soon as the girls heard the name they stood at attention, I didn't believe that pronouncing her name without noble appellations could instill so much power on the subordinates.
-Immediately, ma'am.- a lady in her forties told me, who seemed the most devoted to this family and let's face it, also the most excited about my marriage and the vampire's, after Lady Maria. He immediately sends a girl to fetch the vampire.

After about twenty minutes, after a series of knocks on the door, there was my future "groom" or should I say "kidnapper".
-Leave us alone- as soon as he had finished speaking, that there were only the two of us in the room, an embarrassing silence covered us to say the least, Dion hardly even seems to notice, but I think that if she looks at my face she will well notice the signs of my embarrassment.

After a few moments that are infinite in my opinion, he decides to break the ice.