Chapter 4:: Pleasant

Author's POV:

You smiled at the butterflies which were flying across the flower garden while you and Taehyung walked on the footpath. The roads were filled with food stalls, side shops and some buildings—homes. You noticed a woman walking with a stroller as she laughed at the stroller, probably at her kid inside. Another man was walking while reading a book. Some kids were playing on the side of the road and an old couple was trying out food on the food stall.

What a pleasant afternoon! 

You missed all these. Seoul was nice, it was modern. Daegu had also revolutionized than before, but it had a touch of the countryside—flowers, people, river, and peace which cities could never compare to. The figure beside you seemed to be noticing you while you had been noticing the beauty of the place. 
After a few more steps, you felt a hand on yours, making your body jolt up.
"Sorry... we're going to cross the road now. The stall is there." His deep voice soothingly reached your ears, making a tingle spread across your entire body. You swallowed audibly as he said, "Should I leave your hands? If you learnt how to cross the roads better now, that's good." 

You realized why he held your hand. Back in those days, you always had trouble crossing the roads. After getting hit by a bike when you were 5, you got scared of roads a lot. It was so hard in Seoul because of it as well. You looked at him, your eyes turning soft. He remembered it, didn't he? 
"I think... I'm better bu-" You were talking but he strode towards the stall dragging you with him. You stopped, gasping slightly but caught up with him. He must've slowed two steps for you or your hand would fall off. He had long legs now, you didn't. 

As you both stood in front of the stall, you noticed how he had a soft smile on his lips.
"What do you want to eat, lads?" A cheerful old lady, probably in her 50s smiled at you both. She seemed to have recognized Taehyung and spoke, "Oh! Tae! You're here?" 
The nickname... you heard it after ages. It sounded so foreign yet so familiar. It was the only nickname you never called him. 
"Miss Eliza, she's Y/N. Don't you remember Mr Lee's daughters?" His question made her think deeply.
"Lee... Daniel?" She asked, earning a nod from you and Taehyung. She gasped and smiled widely, "Right!! I do!" 

"I don't remember her.." You whispered to Taehyung who said, "She opened this stall 4 years ago, that's why."
"Oh... she knows me."
You sounded a little guilty. The woman chuckled and said, "It's fine, you've moved in here? I heard from the woman next door... welcome here! I hope to see you here more."
"Two chicken buns?"
Taehyung asked. You nodded as he said, "Give us 3 then."
"3?"
"You like to have 2 buns."
"But I ate..."
"You always have space for some more, don't you?"

Shit, he knew you too well. He remembered it too well for your good. And the warmth arising in your stomach was concerning. It had been just a few hours of your reconciliation and he was already making you feel so different. You stood there as Mrs Eliza made the buns and handed them to Taehyung in a brown paper bag. 
"Pay tomorrow? I forgot to bring my wallet." Taehyung asked.
"Free for you kids! I'm glad she's back. You must've missed her! You look so happy." Mrs Eliza said, smiling ear to ear. You looked at Taehyung to find him sweating. He looked uncomfortable. Nervously handing you the bag, he said, "Let's sit there." 
"Y-Yeah..."
You said absently. Your mind was roaming around the details of what Mrs Eliza said. 

Almost 2 hours passed by—you both were now heading back home. You looked at the time, 6 pm. You spent hours with him and was it good? Yes. And bad? Yes. And weird and confusing? Yes, yes, yes. 
You were confused. He felt different, he became more manly and mature and his words seemed to hit deep—somewhere inside you that you couldn't interpret. And the way his little oblivious actions proved that he still remembered almost everything about you melted a part of you. It made you realize that you had missed him a lot. In the past decade, if there was any person who you wanted to see the most, it had to be him. Even grandma violet couldn't pass that one.