Chapter 14:: Pretty

Author's POV: 

You looked at yourself in the mirror, gulping. It was 6:30 am right now. Lectures were near and you had no idea what to do with yourself. 
The entire night you kept thinking about Taehyung and your feelings for him. 
You grinned, applying your favourite strawberry chapstick. Two puffs of your favourite sakura perfume were enough. But you added 2 more, just in case. You had to smell good. 

You checked yourself in the mirror one last time before walking downstairs

You checked yourself in the mirror one last time before walking downstairs. Everyone was having breakfast. You saw Aunt Mary and Uncle Ben chatting together. Isabel was talking to one of the landlords about renting a place. Wow, she was moving fast. 

Your mom served the toast and jelly saying, "Quick, Y/N. I saw Taehyung waiting outside through the window." 
"Oh?"
You looked up at her, a little astonished. She just continued to fill in the glasses with water before sitting down. 

You started to eat and asked, "How do you know he waits outside?" 
"I see him every day, honey. He waits for almost 15 minutes because you're late." 
"That's because... grandma asked him to."
You shrugged, not wanting yourself to get second thoughts. But the look on your mom's face, the smile she was hiding was making you feel weird. You quickly stuffed your face with a toast and chugged down a glass of water for 2 minutes before rushing outside, ignoring the loud voices of your family members talking to each other. 

You stood in front of the gate, your entire body burning in excitement. God, you were about to die. Now that you knew your feelings, you couldn't help but be even more excited. You opened the door and rushed outside to see him standing there. 
As soon as his eyes fell on you, he looked at you from head to toe before giving you a 'Tae-is-super-happy' grin. You smiled at him, waving nervously. Your heart pounded in your ears.

"Goodmorning, smiley." He said, tilting his head.
"Mm... morning." You whispered, looking down. You felt so happy when you heard him chuckling. 
"You look pretty!" He said. You looked at his outfit. He wore a simple shirt and jeans but looked so good in them. You stared at his chest, remembering how hot he looked yesterday. A warm feeling arose in your stomach but you quickly shrugged it off saying, "Let's go. Did you wait long?" 
"Not really... I usually come to your house and 5 seconds later, you appear out of nowhere."
He said, shrugging. 

You looked at him before looking at your moving feet. His words didn't match your mom's. Was he hiding it from you? 

You just cleared your throat as you both continued walking. You felt your bag's weight lighten and you knew what was happening. As always, he was lifting your bag. You missed this act of his. For the past 2 days, no one lifted that bag so it was heavy to carry to lectures.

You looked at the tall figure beside you walking inside the gates of the University as a feeling of happiness arose in you. He was right beside you, with you. Your steps slowed and you were falling behind but as soon as he turned around—looking at you with a frown and approaching you—holding your hands—so you could catch up with him, you felt seen. 
Because he was noticing you and cares for you. Even if he didn't show it—even if it wasn't obvious—he was making you feel seen and cared for in a way no one did. And it reminded you of all those times when he cared for you like this. 
Because this was how he was. No matter how annoying he was in your childhood and how you both were frenemies, he always made sure you were seen. Be it in an annoying or a sweet way.