Chapter 7:: Tingles

Author's POV: 

"Hello everyone. I'm Choi Y/N. I lived here till I was 12. And then I moved to the cities for my father's work. And now... I have shifted back here. Nice to meet you all." You politely bowed as everyone clapped—the loudest clappers being Taehyung, Jungkook and Mina. They were practically screaming like you were hosting a concert and it made you chuckle. 
The professor gestured for them to quiet down but who listened? 
"Nice to meet you, Y/N!"
"Teach us city things too!!"
"Welcome!" 

You heard the students speak as you smiled at them. 
"Y/N, you can go back to your seat. I'm Ms Armas, this class's biology professor. I hope you'll be able to get along with everyone here. Good luck. Science is waiting for you all!" She cheered as all the students smiled. You saw how their kind eyes stared at you. A few students at the back seemed very rude but they uninterestedly nodded as well. Well, you had expected worse but this was better. 

You went back to your seat as Mina grinned saying, "Girl, you slay!" 
"Slay?"
"Yeah, I know slang too!"
She said. You quickly shook your head and said, "Well... it's not it. I just... I don't know. It was a nice compliment, thank you."
"Please, you don't know us yet. It's the era of the internet. We know almost everything. But, we're not that advanced in all those facilities yet."
Jungkook whispered, leaning back as you nodded at them. Soon, Ms Armas started teaching her biological factors on the board as you all were staring at her. 
Truly, unlike Seoul, this place didn't have many developed gadgets. But the teachers had potential. You understood almost everything they were saying throughout every class and they all seemed friendly. 

Except for one professor. Mr Dunkin. He looked like a doughnut and reminded you of the 'Dunkin Donuts' but anyway, his behaviour—unlike his name—wasn't sweet at all. He was prickly and dismissed you within 5 seconds of his class. According to Jungkook, he's the prickliest teacher in the department. 
God, annoying.

—Lunchtime

"So there's no big cafeteria?"
"Not really. We do but... the food isn't that good. So, we settle for the snack shop. Homemade lunches are also allowed."
Mina spoke as you nodded. You both were walking towards the basketball court where Taehyung and Jungkook were playing right now. They had invited you both to watch their play.

You couldn't forget how nervous Taehyung looked when you said you'd be coming. Jungkook kept boasting about how good they were but Taehyung was constantly rubbing his palms on his hand. Was he nervous about you watching him? 
Okay, or were you just assuming? God knew. 

"Well, the snacks we bought are enough, isn't it?" Mina asked as you said, "Surely. But you bought them, not me."
"Well, I have money to spend. Don't worry! You've got a reliable friend."
You chuckled at her smug face. You both walked into the small court, sitting down on the stairs along with some other students. 
Your eyes wandered around the field as you were settling there. You could've sworn your heart skipped a few beats the moment your hazel eyes met with a pair of almost black ones. You saw a soft smile appear on his face. He was wearing the same white t-shirt and shorts from before, waving at you. beside him, Jungkook appeared with a huge grin. 

You and Mina waved at them as Mina showed them a thumbs-up. It was a match against two departments. Science Faculty against Economics Faculty. 

You noticed how the guys in Science Faculty were all built up and handsome, looking like models. Unlike how studious you had assumed people in here to be—they were quite a sight. But your gaze wasn't fixed on anyone for more than a few seconds. It kept flying back to the white t-shirt and grey shorts jumping around and hitting goals. 
You saw Jungkook throw the ball in the basket and an automatic cheer left your lips. 
"Woah!" You exclaimed as Jungkook jumped around happily. Taehyung and he did a hi-five as they started playing again. Mina was intensely watching them as you noticed how her gaze was fixated on Jungkook.