Chapter 11:: Beats

Author's POV: 

You shifted in the comfortable cosiness of the surface beneath you. God, the bedsheets were so soft. You wondered in your sleep. Slowly, you started coming to sense. You were waking up. A soft voice was heard near you, "Wake up, smiley." 
You frowned a little and turned around, snuggling into the soft bedsheets. A sigh was heard. You felt a hand on your head, caressing it smoothly. God, you loved this feeling. May he never stop doing this. 

You turned around, slowly opening your eyes to find a familiar blurry figure staring at you with a soft smile. Your sight cleared slowly as you realized you were lying on the bed. But not your bed. Not in your room. 
Wait, you were in Taehyung's room. You flinched out of the bed and gasped saying, "Why- What the heck... Why am I here?!" 
"Oh, you fell asleep last night. So grandma asked me to let you sleep peacefully in the room. So I moved you here."
"Moved me here?"
"Picked you up... you could say. Safely, of course." 

You gasped, looking around in disbelief.
"Mom... Isa... Aunt... Uncle-"
"They're here... eating breakfast downstairs. Aunt Rosie asked me to wake you up."
He said, smiling warmly. 
"Wait... where did you-"
"I slept on the couch."
"You could've woken me up. I'm so sorry..."
You said, sighing. He smiled, shaking his head. You saw him tilt his head as he took a better look at your face. Wait, your morning face. NO. 

You immediately jumped out and dashed into his bathroom saying, "Thanks for this. And I'm sorry! And good morning." 
"Good... morning,"
Taehyung whispered, staring at the slammed bathroom door with a grin. God, his heart melted.

—Time skip

"You should never go to someone else's house at night. This is embarrassing!" You heard Isa speak as you glared at her saying, "Shut up."
"Whatever."
She rolled her eyes and took a bite of the apple in her hands. Breakfast was over yet she was busy snacking. Well, she was your sister after all.
"Did you both do something last night? I don't believe such a sacred sleepover could exist." She whispered in your ears as you gasped, glaring at her.
"Stop! We're friends. Stop." 
"Yeah, friends... I see."
She rolled her eyes as you gulped, looking away. 

"Does it seem obvious that I'm a little weird these days?"
"Obvious, you say? It's written on your face." 

You frowned at her as she laughed, walking away. 
"God..." You rolled your eyes and sat on the couch, staring at the TV. Last night's events flashed in your mind. The heartfelt conversation with him. You realized you were wrong too, for not trying to contact him at all. You felt sad every time you thought about it.

You saw Taehyung walking from one room to another. He was probably running errands given by Grandma. She never let him loose, always on his toes. And you loved it. You chuckled seeing his exhausted face early in the morning. A few minutes later, he sat down beside you and said, "Mina and Jungkook want to hang out today. Should we go?"
"Where?"
"Well, there's a lake here... and a noodle place beside the lake. There might be some pretty scenery for you to enjoy. A de-stress hang out."
He said. You chuckled and said, "Sounds good. When are we going?"
"Maybe... 4 pm?"
"Okay. Dinner there, then?"
"Yeah."

"It'll be late..."
"I'm here for you." 

His words shouldn't have sounded as heartfelt as they did. Every time he said something like that. something in your heart stirred. And you hated that you were getting so used to this. You hated how kind and nice he acted and how much you started admiring and perhaps, loving this side of him. It was annoying yet beautiful. It somehow terrified you. 

—4:45 pm

"God, this place is pretty." You heard Mina squeal and giggled saying, "I know right? I didn't know lakes could be this pretty." 
You noticed Taehyung clicking some pictures with his camera as Jungkook was admiring the place. You all were at a lake near the flower garden. It was magnificent. There were lots of trees surrounding it. Full of greenery. You saw a squirrel running from one tree to another and gasped in happiness. Mina tried to chase it but failed, of course, squirrels would win against MIna.