Chapter 5 - Down Time II

...

Two days after the awkward meeting with Hasumi and the strange meeting with Tsurugi, I'm still sorting through paperwork.

You have to understand, I'm almost done with the paperwork from before I started working here at Schale. After that's done, it's onto the paperwork I've received after I started working here.

That's right, I'm still receiving papers and letters. And they don't. Stop. Fucking. Coming.

I'm done with the old papers, and will take a break for the rest of the day. The newer ones can be done tomorrow.

I asked Arona more about the other districts, wanting to know more without having to spend time to research myself. Best to get this done.
She explained that, alongside the Trinity General School, Gehenna Academy and Millennium Science School are the thee biggest schools in Kivotos.

Trinity's one of the oldest and biggest schools in the city. It's headed by three factions, called Pater, Filius and Sanctus, fitting along with the biblical shtick from the name 'Trinity'. After all, the 'holy trinity' is Pater, the father, Filius, the son, and Spiritus Sanctus, the Holy Spirit. The heads of the three factions run the Student Council, also known as the Tea Party. This triumvirate system works by the three members taking turns 'hosting' the Tea Party, making it so that there's always a president and two others to keep them in check.

Interestingly, Trinity used to be many smaller schools, but the big three, Pater, Fillius and Sanctus, joined together and rallied the other smaller schools together to unify into Trinity as it is today. The records did show all but one school, Arius, joined together. Hmm... I wonder what happened to them?

Fittingly, Trinity also has a plethora of cathedrals and even holds Sunday mass along with the Sisterhood, a club of nuns. On top of that, there's also a massive network of caverns under the district, barely even a percentage of a percentage of them are mapped out for some reason.

As for Gehenna, it's a school older than even Trinity. Whereas Trinity has the reputation of being peaceful and kind, like angels, Gehenna is known for being chaotic, like demons. Gehenna was the name of hell in Judaism, so it fits. It and Trinity are bitter rivals, but there's a peace treaty, the Eden Treaty, in the works, allowing the two schools to finally work together.

Someone's gonna try to fuck it up, I already know.

Similar to Trinity's caverns, there's a whole undocumented area near Gehenna. Why's it undocumented? Because it's near a fucking volcano. Hinnom Volcano they call it.

Hang on, Jerusalem has the Valley of Hinnom, the place Gehenna refers to. Coincidence? Nah.

As for Millennium, despite being nearly as big as as influential as the other big two schools, it's only seven years old. Apparently, some researchers tried to solve seven unsolvable problems. Then more tried to help them, then more, then more. Then those researchers made the place into a school. Lots of tech is from Millennium and the Kivotos of today can only exist via their technological advances, as I understand it.

Millennium as a whole doesn't seem to have a religious shtick, but instead is focused around STEM. Thank god it isn't focused on Scientology.

Come to think of it, wasn't there something called the 'Millennium Prize Problems' back on earth? Seven near-impossible problems? What a coincidence.

Deciding 'Why not?', I went to the Gehenna district to visit today. The architecture is much different from Trinity. More dark colors and grittier atmosphere.

Eventually, I come across the Gehenna Academy itself. It's truly massive, and resembles a governmental building.

I spot a familiar blonde haired elf girl nearby, and decide to say hi. As I approach, I notice her struggling to carry a few boxes.