Chapter 72 - Glue, Tonic and... Cake?!

...

"We managed to get our hands on the cake. We're off to a good start!" Hinata cheers. "We couldn't have done it without your leadership, Sensei."

She was a bit surprised by me shoving the cake inside my tablet, but it was the safest place to keep it. Thankfully, I didn't need to tell Arona to keep away from it, not that she could eat it inside there.

"I didn't do anything except yell 'charge', Hinata." I joke. "But thanks. You did more than me, I certainly wasn't expecting your briefcase to have a machine gun inside."

"I-I don't think I did anything special..." She lightly argues. "A-Anyway, we should make sure to get this back to Ui. Next is... either the holy tonic or the sphagnum moss glue. Which one should we get first?"

"Either or. Let's figure out where is closer, and-"

My sentence is cut off by a nearby explosion.

"Wh-What was that noise?!" Hinata shrieks.

"An explosion. Likely a fight nearby." I say, narrowing my eyes.

"I think it's close. We should go check on them!" Hinata says, determined.

"You wanna investigate?" I ask. Fights are usual in Kivotos, so this should be everyday.

"W-We have no choice!" She argues. "What if someone was in big trouble? We can't just ignore it...! Can we?"

Sighing, I smile at the sister's kindness. "I knew you'd say that, you're too kind of a girl, Hinata." As I say that, the girl blushes brightly. "C'mon, let's go check it out."

Hinata just smiles happily. "Okay, let's get going!"

—————

At a nearby park, Hinata and I found Suzumi fighting around two dozen delinquents, all alone.

"Oh, dear." Hinata says, seeing the situation. As she goes toward them, I place my hand in front, stopping her.

"Let's observe the situation for a sec." I order.

"They're more stubborn than usual today." The white haired girl scoffs, hiding behind a bench.
One of the grey-clad delinquents in front laughs. "You're messin' with the Roly Poly Gang, girlie! No matter how many times you knock us down, we'll get back up! We always recoil, just like the mighty roly poly!" She says, flicking her side ponytail of black hair.

...What the fuck am I hearing?

"I couldn't care less what bug you model yourselves after..." Suzumi says, annoyed. "Why tell me at all? Did you come here looking for a fight?"

"Dang straight we did." The goon says. "We were lookin' for you."

"You were?" Suzumi asks, surprised. "And why would that be?"

"What do you mean 'why'?!" Another goon asks, this one with short, black hair. "Are you serious right now? Think about what you've done to us! You shoulda known that you had this comin'! You're gonna pay, Running Flash Grenade of Trinity!"

...What the FUCK am I hearing right now?

"Is that some kind of title you came up with...?" Suzumi asks, standing up from behind her cover. "And sorry to say, but I don't know what you're talking about! All of you delinquents are the same to me! Doing the right thing is all that matters to me."

I HAVE noticed an odd trend in Kivotos... Many delinquents and members of groups look and dress almost the same. Is it just a fashion thing? Like this isn't the first time I've seen these goons, but it's the first I've heard of the 'Roly Poly Gang'.