Chapter 100 - Down Time XXVII

...

Upon returning to Schale from the beach, I opted to stay awake for the rest of the day, as to not fuck up my sleep schedule. Late that day, I also found that the Eden Treaty was to be signed in just a few days. I'm just glad they finally settled on a date for the damn thing.

That means I REALLY need to finish up my project. That weapon ain't gonna make itself.

The day after, things got back to normal. I even got a text from someone. Let's see... Shun? Haven't heard from her in a while.

I'm not feeling well today... I'll have to skip the Plum Blossom Garden and head straight home.

Shun? Did you mean to send this to me?

Sensei? Oh, goodness, no. I must have misdialed.

What's got you down? Did you catch a cold?

It's nothing. I just feel under the weather... You don't have to worry.

You should take care of yourself too, Sensei.

Hmm. I oughta go and see how she's doing. I don't have anything on my plate at the moment, so I'll probably go after lunch. It's almost time for it anyway. Before I can ponder anymore on that, someone knocks on my door.

"Come in!" I call out.

"Hi there, Sensei!" Airi chirps, opening my office door.

"Oh. Hello, Airi." I greet, surprised by her sudden appearance.

"How's your day been?" She asks.

"About the usual." I motion towards the papers on my desk.

"Ah." The brunette says, looking at my desk. "Adults really do have a lot of responsibilities, huh? Oh! Have you had lunch yet?"

"Not yet. It IS gettin' to be that time, though." I say.

Airi cutely huffs. "That won't do. I had a feeling you'd be busy or skip lunch, so I brought dessert for you!" She smiles, proudly holding up a bag. So that's what's in it, huh?

"Oh? Well, that's sweet of ya." Pun not intended, though it gets a chuckle from the green eyed girl.

"Cafe Mille-Feuille launched some new items today! I was hoping I could try them with you, so I brought them over." Airi explains with a smile, before taking out several different kinds of pastries out from the bag and sitting them on my desk. Of the many kinds, one of them was...

"These are their new cupcakes!" Airi smiles. "What do you think, Sensei? Don't they look delici- eh?"

Confused by Airi's confusion, I follow her vision and find Arona on one of the screens, drooling as she stares at the sweets.

I let out a chuckle. "I shoulda expected this. Would you like some too, Arona?"

"YES!" Arona all but shouts as her body materializes next to me. She blinks, before catching herself, faux coughing into her fist as she blushes. "I mean, yes."

"Ah, Arona! Long time no see." Airi smiles.

"I almost forgot you two know each other." I chuckle.

Airi giggles as she continues her little presentation. "Well, I brought plenty, so it's fine. Anyway, this one is filled with strawberries. They let me nibble a sample earlier... I wonder if that flavor was actually raspberry. It was so tangy and unique."

"Raspberry's a unique flavor." I shrug, eyeing a still drooling Arona. I might need some paper towels...

"And this one is made with bananas." Airi smiles. "They didn't have any samples, but the color was so pretty I just couldn't resist!"