❨✿ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇✿𝓕𝑜𝓊𝓇 ✿❩

|Inside Shadow's Mind POV|

The ebony hedgehog's ear twitches in the chamber, he was a dream, or rather a memory of sorts.

"Hey Shadow?" A blonde haired girl greeted him wearing a blue dress and headband, her blue eyes looking down at him. They were in a dark location that didn't have any sign of life, just emptiness that went for miles.

"Who are you? And why are you in my memories?"

"Oh, I'm Maria, Maria Robotnik...I don't expect you to remember me, but I am very important to you"

Shadow lowers his guard, Maria, that name did sound familiar to him, he looks down at his hand the ring is still there and the necklace that is around his neck.

"Where am I?"

"Your mind, You took a lot of damage back on Mobius...when you sacrificed yourself to save your the Mobians to escape to the Ark"

"That explains why I'm here"

Shadow blinks before heard footsteps, his body forced his eyes to open brief to see who it was walking by the chamber it was a tiny hedgehog holding a brown bear in her arms, she's the reason why the name Maria sounded familiar.

"That is your Daughter...I can see why you named her after me, she is very sweet."

"M-My daughter?"

"Mhm, your about to have a son that is gonna born from two months from now"

Shadow looks at Maria before sitting down on the dark floor. He didn't know what to make of that before the area shifts to a grassland with a clear blue skies and the sun, he felt someone grabbing his hand looking over he sees a pair of emerald eyes looking back at him, the blue hedgehog had a ghostly appearance to him but his presence, made Shadow feel calm, and happy around him. He just takes a hold of the hand.

"Do you remember his name?"

"It's Sonic...but I don't know why he's so important to me..."

"I'm sure you'll figure it out, Shadow."

Shadow didn't get a chance to asked before everything around him disappeared, Shadow just held the hand of the ghostly figure of Sonic, before he two disappeared, he can feel something wet roll down the side of his muzzle, he reaches to tough his face, he felt something wet. Was he crying? Sonic must me very important to him now, every time he saw him. He reminds him of Maria, and now they are both are gone. He can't remember why they both were so important to him, and that little hedgehog. He didn't know what he had a chaos connection with her, if that is than she must really be his daughter. Shadow wipes the tears away from his eyes clutching the neck in his hand, there has to be more memories here, that can help him remember why those two are so important, he started walking the sound of his footsteps echo in the void, sounding as if he was through a puddle of water, there was nothing for miles.

"Good job Maria!"

That sounded like Sonic, blinking he rushed over to see where that voice came from, in front of him was a blurry image that was playing, the only thing noticed able was Sonic, he'd look happy and Shadow didn't know what he was happy, he really wanted to remember after all these memories are important.

Right?

|End Of Shadow's Mind|

|Third Person POV|

Sitting at the edge of the hospital was a blue hedgehog, holding a Shadow Plush toy in his hands it looked just like his husband, and he just felt tears forming in the corner of his eyes. Before he yelps taken off guard by a normal kick from the pup that was growing inside him, he just puts his hand on his bump. "I'm sorry...I you probably just don't understand how much your Dad means to me..." a sigh escapes his nose before he just wipes away his tears with his arm. "I bet you'll me handsome...when your born..." he added the tears just don't stop forming in the corner of his eyes.

Sonic's lips quiver a little bit before he just his hands to his face and just softly started to sob to himself he can feel Jazz just hug his arm to comfort him. The blue hedgehog just sobbed into his hands, he's been holding in his tears for this long. He never cried in front of Maria, cause she didn't need to see him genuinely cry and not it be just the hormones, his sobs were just of pure agony and misery. The metal door slide open before a pair of arms wrapped around him, the blue hedgehog just clutches the person that was hugging him, he didn't know who it was but someone to cry on it what he needed.

"Ssh...it's okay" the voice said, the voice sounded feminine, but it didn't matter he just needed this. He just cried out Shadow's name. The person that was hugging him, felt really bad for the azure hedgehog that she tried her best to not cry a lot with him.

Sonic sniffs as he just couldn't cry anymore, having to just cry his eyes out for a solid five hours. His eyes were puff from his tears, as he just looked over at who he was hugging it was no one other than Rouge, the bat who was Shadow's partner when they were working together on G.U.N missions he sniffs wiping the tears away from muzzle. "I'm...Sorry" he mutter.

"It's okay Hun...you had to let it all out." She said just taking off her light purple vest, she adjusted the ring that was on her finger. "I knew I could find you here...seeing that you are about to give birth in two months from now..." she just hands over some wipes over to the hedgehog. Who was confused before he checked his chest and sure enough he had started leaking which is a normal thing for the fluid to be yellow, he takes the wipes and started to wipe at his nipples. "And that's why I came by..." she puts a hand on his stomach, rubbing it to help calm the child down. "He is an active one." She looks away from Sonic. "You just hold up a little longer Sonic...they are doing their best with trying get Shadow back to us."

"I know....I know" Sonic admits, wiping his nose, before petting Jazz's head to reassure her that he was okay. He just needed to get let out all those tears he's been holding back on. He just slid off of the edge of the bed, and headed to the door to his hospital room the metal door slide open when Sonic walked up to it he just started walking Rouge watched him as she follows after him, the hedgehog stopped in front of the chamber the ebony hedgehog that was floating inside the tank hadn't moved an inch. Sonic just placed his hand onto the glass then his forehead. "I..just really miss you Shadow..." Sonic sniffs as he just stood there in silence. A few tears streaming down the side of his face, he'd do anything just have his husband by his side. Rouge only folded her wings to her back before walking over to Sonic, and placing a hand on his shoulder. "I miss him too...and I'm sure Maria misses him as well...but you can't just give up on hope." Sonic looks over at her, he hadn't given up on hope, not yet anyways, it just felt like a year went by and Shadow just hadn't shown any signs of life at least to his acknowledgment anyway.

"Come on Hun...let's you back to the hospital room." Rouge said motioning Sonic away from the tank and back down the hallway of the medical center of the Ark. Sonic didn't really protest, he just followed behind the white bat, he's not gonna be able to sleep tonight anyways, the hospital just isn't a place that he was comfortable with. Rouge stayed with Sonic for however long he needed her to, if anything she mind catching up the blue hedgehog since her husband is closed friends with him, she smiles when Sonic just talked about his daughter, and Tails' kid. At least he's not upset anymore.