❨✿ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇✿𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 ✿❩

|Third Person POV|

Sonic opened the door to the room, he blinks when he saw that Shadow was taking a nap, with Shadic sleeping on top of him, a smile forms on Sonic's muzzle. He can't really blame Shadow for sleeping since the blue hedgehog would do the same, he just motions to Maria to be quiet, the door closes behind them and he walks Maria over to the sink, helping her onto the counter, the female hedgehog wasn't that fast as he was, which he wasn't surprised about, since it doesn't really matter to him, at least he got her to do a spin dash. He just takes a wet paper towel to clean the dirt off of her muzzle. "Mommy?..."

"Yes Maria?"

"When can we go back to Mobius?" Maria asked, Sonic blinks he didn't know the answer to that, since Mobius wasn't safe anymore, and they really can't go into another universe cause of those pest Zone Cops, as much as he didn't want to crush Maria's hopes he also couldn't lie to her either. "We aren't going to go back..." he responded.

"Why? Isn't Mommy and Daddy...strong enough to fight the bad man so we can go home." Maria protested.

Sonic looks away there was some truth to that, but seeing the way that Shadow looked coming back, the way that he looked, Eggman wasnt holding back when he attacked, the Mobians. "Maria...as true as that is...we can't go back, it's not safe there, and besides Mommy and Daddy need to stay here with you and Shadic."

Maria pinned her ears down, it's not that she doesn't like being in space or on the Ark, it's just that she misses playing in the woods with her cousin, running through the different zones with Sonic, visiting Knuckles on the floating island, she just wishes Shadic could see it. "B-But?"

"I know you want to go back...but." Sonic hated seeing Maria so upset about something, even if it was about going back to their home planet. "Mobius isn't livable for us..." he added brushing his thumb over Maria's cheek. "It's safer that we are here..."

"But...But...Uncle Scourge get to go back...why can't we?" Maria argued, she was only confused about why they couldn't go back, Mobius when so many other mobians are allowed to.

"Maria...It's complicated." Sonic responded, he takes a deep breath. "When those Mobians go they don't stay...they go and rescue as many Mobians as they can...Maria Sweetheart, I'm not gonna argue with you This is for the better." He tells her pulling her to his chest to give her forehead a kiss. He felt some tears forming in the corner of his eyes. "You mean the world to me...and I don't know what I would do...if I lost you..."

Maria closes her eyes. "Okay...Mommy, I'm sorry for making you upset..." she said. Sonic nodded as he helps her down, Maria looks down but she started to walk down the hallway to her room, she wasn't gonna ask anymore questions but she understood enough.

Shadow wraps his arms around Sonic, who was holding back the urge to cry. He didn't know all the answers himself, he just wanted to keep his kids safe, but Maria had asked the important question, that he didn't even know the answer to. "Mama?..." Shadic said, Sonic turned his attention to his husband taking Shadic from Shadow cradling the pup in his arms. "I...I don't how to answer that..." he admits.

"Telling her the truth was the best thing you could do..." Shadow responded wrapping his arm around Sonic's waste, kissing the blue hedgehog's hand. "But we don't even know if Eggman is still alive..."

"Ssh, If he is The Colony is heavily guarded, and We can always ask Metal." Shadow reassures him, Sonic only looks down at Shadic who looked back at him his now green eyes meeting up with Sonic's. He just lets out a soft sigh. "Your right...I just need to not stress over this...I guess she's just a little homesick." He pulled away from Shadow to put Shadic into the play room that had a baby gate, he saw Maria was already in room at least she can bond with her little brother even if he didn't know, he turns to lights on.

Shadow pulls Sonic back to the living, making the blue hedgehog squeak, before a pair of lips were forced onto his. The blue hedgehog purrs kissing Shadow back.

Maria was just practicing her telling telekinesis on some blocks that she found, a light purple aura covered her hands and the blocks. "Mawia!." She turns her attention to Shadic who was crawling over to her, she doesn't mind playing with her baby sibling, sure she has her moments where she'd like to be alone but the now seven year old puts the blocks down, giving her sibling a soft smile. "Hey Shadic...I'm guessing to want to play?" The pup only claps his hands making noises, she puts down the bucket of blocks down in front of him, she just lets out a sigh stacking the blocks into a tower. She didn't mind showing him and make things just for him to destroy. "When your old enough...to play, we can play pretend? With Skylar." She tells her sibling.

Shadic purrs his tail wagging holding up the blocks for Maria, to his understanding this was kind of helping. "I just wanted you see who home was like..." she admits to her younger sibling, Shadic reaches out and the block tower falls, making the pup clap and giggle. Shadic's joyful giggle was enough for Maria to smile, there was something about Shadic that always made her feel so hopeful, the same when she was her Mother. She just couldn't put her finger on why that was, she went back to rebuilding the block tower. "I think you'd like seeing pretty trees...the open fields." She added, with a smile on her face before her lips started to quiver, the stripes on her arms started to glow a light blue, as tears started to form in her eyes. Shadic turns his attention over to his older sister who was struggling with not wanting to cry, he pats her leg with his hand "Mawia?..." he whimpered softly.

"I'm...Sorry S-Shadic." Maria said as she wipes the tears away from her eyes, her eyes remaining pinned to her head. She rubs his head making him purr. "I hope you stay happy, like this when your older..." she goes back to building the tower for Shadic. "I'm gonna everything I can...to keep you safe. Like mommy and daddy." She tells him, the stripes on her arms turned back to normal.

Shadic only made a noise in response, it was hard to keep up a conversation with a two week year old baby, but at least she was getting a response from him, she wasn't gonna make it a promise. Since she was young but she can do the best that she can. She watches Shadic cutely growl at the tower before knocking it over, clapping his hands together. Maria just wanted to give her younger sibling a kind of life that she had, before the Bad Man attacked, but she also know that he doesn't understand and that's a good thing for her at least, she rather see her brother smile than to be upset about the world about him, she starts to rebuild the tower, but watches Shadic mimic her motion and she puts her hands back to let Shadic build the block tower. "Hey Shadic...what are these called?" She said point to the block.

Shadic tilts his head "it's called a block...can you say block?" Maria tells him trying to teach him, since she heard might as well help her parents out with getting Shadic to say more words, she started to notice how busy Sonic and Shadow, can be and it's not that they aren't back parents, it's just that they get distracted with a lot of things. Like that Organization, and those other Mobians that sometimes ask for help from the Blue Hedgehog. "B...B." Shadic started holding the block up. "It's okay...Bl." Maria started. "B...Bl..o" Shadic said before he narrow his eyes "Blo...Blo...Block!" He said with a conference, Maria claps her hands to praise him.

Shadow's ears twitches are the noise that was coming from the play room, he couldn't help but to smile, he was just laying on the couch his jacket and shirt was just hanging on the side of the couch, Sonic was laying on top of him, asleep. He's been through a lot lately, he just nuzzles into Shadow purring softly. Shadow runs his hands down Sonic's quills kissing the blue hedgehog's ear, his ear twitches when the baby gate was opened and Maria walked out of the play room holding Shadic her arms like a stuffed animal, he was whimpering. "What happened?..." he asked. Maria.

"He just fell...trying to stand up." Maria explains as she holds up the pup for Shadow to take, Sonic only buries his face deeper into Shadow's stomach. "Why don't you go to Maria, thanks for looking after your brother." He kissed the top of her head, Maria purred before turning to leave.

Shadic just nuzzles into Shadow's chest fur, who only held him, close starts so humming a soft song to Shadic to get him to calm down, it wasn't long before Shadic fell asleep into Shadow's arms, the ebony hedgehog kisses Shadic forehead. He was just glad that he could at least have a moment of relaxation, with no worry, and sadness. The ebony hedgehog smiled as he just pulls Sonic closer to his chest as he holds Shadic to Sonic's arms.