❨✿ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇✿𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒 ✿❩

|Third Person POV|

Sonic left Jazz is charge, but he had the baby monitor on him. He put Shadic down for a nap if he remembered correctly the Ark has a race way the last time he was here, he smiles at himself it was the second time he met Shadow, they had a good race but now he was alone, his ears flatten to his head he knows he shouldn't leave Maria and Shadic unattended but he was really dying for a run, he's been stuck in this place for nine months and a two days he felt grounded, but he also didn't want to make it seem like he'd just abandoned his kids unless it was necessary, for their safety. He just puts his hand down from the door looking at Jazz, he was gonna have wait until Maria is at least twelve, and Shadic didn't need him, for food. He just sat down on the bed it was easy to go out on a run when Shadow was around but now.

"Chow?" Jazz said a question mark above her head as she looked at Sonic. "No Jazz I'm not going...just like how I'm not gonna sleep either." Jazz just frowned she knew that Sonic hasn't been sleep as well as been hurting himself but she really couldn't do anything about that, beside just be here to give the azure hedgehog the help that he needed when it came to keeping his kids happy at least, and be that extra help when ever Shadic or Maria are unstable with chaos energy.

Sonic sniffs as he had some tears in his eyes, he hated remembering things that him and Shadow use to do when he was a teenager, it just made him more upset than he already was, he gets up from the sofa and made his way to the bathroom, holding the the baby monitor in his hand opening the door then shut it on Jazz. "I'm sorry...I just need to be alone..." the creature only pouted before turning her head to see Maria, who was just playing with her toys. She does have time to be a kid whenever it's not like her parents kept her training, after all she is only six and needed to have time to be a kid.

Sonic was unwrapping the bandages from his arms and looked at his reflection he didn't look bad, surprisingly desperate how tired he was, he looks at his arm to see the cuts haven't healed at all he just takes the razor from the draw and starts to dig the blade into his arm, making some fresh new cuts into his skin, he really missed his husband and that wasn't a lie, he also ask his friends if they were keeping something from him, but the say the same thing. No, he clearly knows something is wrong with Shadow, but know one would tell him. He just lets the blood drip into the sink as he just sobs softly to himself he just felt so empty without his husband, and the secrets his friends were keeping from him. He was starting to get the feeling that they rather just want to see him suffer, he starts cleaning the blood off of his arms before wrapping so fresh bandages on his arms throwing the olds ones away, he just lets out a yawn. He was very tired, and weak. He really doesn't know how much blood he was losing from the cuts he was doing, if he was gonna past out at least hold off. A bit longer he needed to at least be sure he can support his kids. Shadic still needs him and so does Maria. He growls at himself before smacking himself hard in the face to keep him awake. His body wasn't gonna shut down on him. Not now. He opens the door after sliding his jacket on, he heard Maria giggling and Shadic kind of whimpering. He turned his attention to see his best friend, his wife and son.

"Sonic..." Tails started before he gives Shadic to the blue hedgehog, Shadic pulls on the jacket whimpering he was hungry which was why he was away and crying earlier. "Tails..."

"Sonic, I can't keep this from you anymore, and the reason"

"We all were keeping it from you, what because you were pregnant..." Fiona said as she just took a deep breath in before looking into Sonic's eyes, and her just quickly turned away, she saw how hurt Sonic was and was killing her. "I...Miles...please.." she pleaded her ears pinned to her head. She changed a lot from being around her first group of friends than Scourge and his questionable friends.

"Shadow wasn't dealing with memory loss, but..." Tails flatten his ears as well as he just swallows the lump in his throat.

"Just spit it out! Damnit, I'm already hurting as it is!" Sonic growled, raising his voice, Maria flinches when Sonic's voice was raised, Shadic only held onto Sonic but he mimicked Sonic's angry face tho it was rather cute than intimidating.

"Besides his arm being ripped off, he was shot in places that damaged his auto healing gene, therefore if they released him to early he'd just be back at stage one..." Tail admit, Fiona was hugging her son as she just wanted to cry herself if anything she still wanted to keep Sonic's trusted.

"...Why didn't you tell me after Shadic was born!" Sonic shouted. He understood why they didn't tell him sooner, he was in that emotional stage of the after effect of giving birth...he still kind of was since Maria is only six and did need his attention just as much as Shadic did, he just lets out a sigh, he doesn't hate his friends from keeping this from him, after all being a single is as stressful as it was. "Thank you for being concerned about my well-being..."

Fiona sniffs. "I'm sorry Sonic..."

"We can watch over Maria while you t-"

"No...I'm good thanks, I'd rather have her here with me." Sonic said Maria runs over to Sonic and hugs his hip, since she was only hip level to him. Tails only smiled he helped his wife out of the room. "Please call me...if you want to talk...call anyone of us, Sonic we care about you." Tails tells his best friend. Sonic only nodded he rubs Maria's head "I'm okay Mar-Mar, I promise." He said with a smile.

"I love you Mommy..." Maria said to Sonic looking up at him, Sonic only smiles at her kneeling down to her level. "I love you to Maria, and I'm not going anywhere...neither is your Daddy." Maria nuzzles Sonic nose with her own, the blue hedgehog kisses her forehead.

Shadic starts whimper, Sonic turns his attention to the newborn before rubbing his little tummy with his finger making the tiny hedgehog squeak and giggle. "Same with you Shadic, we love you too..."

"Yeah! Your the cutest brother I have!" Maria chimed in nuzzling Shadic with her nose before giving him a small kiss on the cheek, making the tiny hedgehog, smile.

Sonic stands up completely, "Alright let's some snacks before bed Mar-Mar, tomorrow your gonna show me what you learned from Silver."

"Okay Mommy." Maria smiled going to the pantry to get something to snack on "No sweets, your going bed..." Sonic called out as he just unzips his jacket bringing Shadic close to his chest, at least he is able to eat so he's not starving himself, the newborn puts his mouth on Sonic's nipple starting to suck the milk from his body. Sonic lets out a sigh well as least he knows the truth about about Shadow, it doesn't change the fact that he still feels the same way, about his situation. He just helps Maria to bed, tomorrow will help him get his mind off today. Just little longer he needed to keep going for a little longer tomorrow is when he'll be able to switch Shadic over to formula as well, which will be a relief. "Good night Maria..." he said to the hedgehog before giving her a kiss on the cheek, and tucking her into bed. He goes over to the nursery putting Shadic into the crib giving him the Shadow stuffed animal and pulling the bars up walking out the door leaving the door open. He flops onto the sofa the very uncomfortable sofa that he calls his bed now. He just couldn't sleep in the normal, not even when he was pregnant, it was a painful memory of how much he missed Shadow. Now that he knows the truth it didn't make him feel anything better about himself he just desperately wanted to hold his husband more than anything. He just flattens his ears down to his head some soft whimpering escapes his throat as he just felt the tears forming in the corner of his eyes. He remained like this for the rest of the night, wide awake in case Shadic needed him.