❨✿ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇✿𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 ✿❩

|Third Person POV|

Sonic's eyes fluttered opened, his head hurts, felt someone hugging him from behind, his ear twitches when he heard Shadow purring. His ears flatten to his head, at the memory of him just passing out on Shadow again, having to hear Maria cry to him while he was unconscious. He puts a pillow between him and Shadow dangling his legs on the edge of the bed, he looked around, it was rather dark in the room but he could make out the tools that were hanging on the wall, he was in Tails' Workshop. He pulled the IV out of his hand flinching at the pain, he looks arms and his jacket hanging on the doorknob, but his arm was still covered in stitches, but looked cleaned. Unstrapping the thing on his arm the heart monitor just turned off, he slides off of the bed, he didn't feel light headed this time, but a dim neon blue light was seen on the floor Sonic recognized the figure as being Silver and Sonia, who were asleep on the floor in sleeping bag, the azure hedgehog blink and just looks down seeing all of his friends and family sleeping on sleeping bags, or the beanbags on the floor. He just pinned his ears to his head.

Sonic started to quietly step over everyone being careful to not wake anyone up he grabbing his red cropped top jacket that had a white trim on the bottom. He flinched when he saw a pair of red glowing eyes looking at him.

"You knew you weren't gonna make it?" Sonic recognize the voice as it being his metal counterpart, but how did he know the real reason why he was so ill. "You also regret doing it to?"

Sonic looks back at Shadow's sleeping figure, when he was unconscious he was visited by someone. He didn't have any idea that he reminded his husband of someone that was really closed to him, if anything he just wanted Shadow to be happy, but now that he knew, he couldn't help but to feel guilty about just asking his husband if he ever wanted another child, when he knew the consequences, Maria already took half of his chaos energy and recovery wasn't easy on him, and now Shadic, but hearing his own daughter cry over him broke his heart even her attempting to see of he had any energy left. Jazz nuzzles his cheek, she was awake as well and just purrs softly. He turned his attention back to the broken robot that was talking to him.

"I did...yes." He responded to the first question, before he sat down on the floor looking at Metal. "And yes...I regret it."

"Be glad that you have people that care about you Hedgehog." Metal said looking back at the blue hedgehog.

Sonic shakes his head, but he was right, his friends weren't always just friends to him, but family and that didn't mean the mobians that his siblings had married, but Amy, and her wife Blaze, Rouge, and Knuckles. He was grateful for having a family like this, even the family that he made with Shadow. He narrows his eyes at Metal. "Why did you come here?" The azure hedgehog quietly asked the robot.

"Why else? Needed to know where the Mobains were going." He strictly said, "But I didn't know you had the emeralds though, The Ultimate Life Form just had to stop me when I was about to end you..."

"You've already took Mobius from us...and I know damn will I'm not letting you ruin our safe haven, from the place that Eggman made." Sonic quietly growled at his metal counterpart. He folded his arms he was rather concerned about his kids, since he didn't see them in the pile of this massive sleepover party, Jazz just mimics Shadow's angry face, well to the best to her ability anyway, it was rather hard to not look adorable during it.

"I have to say. You mobians just make my life and the Doctor's hell."

"Good, cause he'd mine worst..." Sonic said his ear twitches, when hearing someone move. He didn't notice his voice had gotten loud, but he had important things to worry about, he gets up and carefully walks over to the metal door that must lead to Tails' apartment, when the door slide opened he walked into the room, the room was kind of decorated in a modern looking apartment, light brown wooden floor, a desk with some pictures of himself, and his family in a family photo with a younger looking Tails in the photo, another family photo of him and his siblings wish Tails a happy birthday. Lastly a photo of Tails, Fiona, and Skylar. A dark brown sofa with an arm chair looking at a flat screen TV, some more photos hanging on the walls, he turns his attention to the hallway, he quietly makes his way down the hallway, opens the door that was cracked open and sees Maria asleep in a twin bed hugging a Sonic plush, Shadic who was laying on his stomach sucking on his thumb, a smile forms on his muzzle at least his kids weren't sleeping on the floor, he slowly closes the door just a crack and starts to head back, when the metal door to the workshop opened he bumped into someone that was muscular, but the white fluff on the chest told him who it was.

"Sonic!..." Shadow whispered looked down at Sonic, who looked up at him, he looked away.

"Metal told me...and I'm not mad at you, nor do I blame Shaundre, if anything you, Maria and Shadic are the best things that had happened to me." Sonic blinks a small blush forming on his cheeks, he hated himself even more for this, if anything he'd rather just let Shadic take his place, now hearing those words. It was like he was falling in love all over again, the blue hedgehog looked into Shadow's eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you...that this could happen...I didn't want you to go through the trouble to do this for me...and getting everyone."

Shadow takes his hand, "Chaos Control..." he whispered before the two was teleported out of the area the metal door closing. When they reappear they were in a hidden location, that had a view of the galaxy, Mobius, and the rest of the expanded Ark, the room was dark the only light being from night sky of space it was almost like walking on the stars. "Shadow?"

"This is the place where I like to go to think..." Shadow said pulling Sonic over to the glass looking out at the galaxy.

Sonic blinks as he looks, despite how Mobius looks it still make this sight look like nothing but a dream, the moon and it's dark side, just floating in the sea of stars, and the once blue and green planet of Mobius that was covered in nothing red, and gray cloud, dark green of the land. "And I kind of wanted to talk to you alone...not in whispers."

"I don't know what I would want to talk about...I just feel terrible about keeping this from you, and you going out of your way to gat-"

"It wasn't me, Tails was the first to know what was wrong with you."

"That does make me feel anything better, I guess Metal broke and told him the problem."

"Well out of all the creations the Doctor has built...Metal is the only robot that has used the emeralds."

Sonic looks away, he was right if Neo Metal Sonic, could why couldn't Metal. "But how is he gonna be able to keep me from...you know, the emeralds are be use to power this place along with the Master Emerald." He explained. He just noticed Shadow had his arms folded, the blue hedgehog just had a lot of questions since he woke up from his little two day long nap.

"Sonic, I know your concerned, but this Tails we are talking about, and I rather have you not think about it but about yourself and our kids." Shadow tells him cupping his cheeks the blue hedgehog looks deep into Shadow's eyes, he had to put his trust in his best friend, he lets out a sigh, his husband is right ever since he got up here, he really never had a chance to be himself and he might as well just stress about the little things instead of big thing that his friends are taking care off. "Okay, your right...I'm sorry."

"Your adorable when your stress." Shadow smiles at Sonic just pulling the blue hedgehog into a kiss on the lips, the blue hedgehog kisses Shadow back, his ears perking up. "Come on, you still need rest."

Sonic frowned "I feel like I've been sleep for a month..." he mutter wrapping his arms around the other hedgehog, who only chuckled "Not that I wouldn't understand that feeling..."

Sonic opens his eyes, to see that they were back in Tails' Workshop, everyone was still asleep. He stopped himself from squeaking when he was pulled onto the bed, but this was different from the other nights. He had energy and hope something that he was lacking from the other nights, he just nuzzles into Shadow's neck. He felt warm in Shadow's touch for once his mind was cleared of all the worries that he had, a purr escapes his throat as he let sleep take him.