Nine

Freddy leaned forward, trying to keep up with your eye level, but he was also fearful that might offend you, you pondered the answer, maybe he'll know more than you do, you raised your hand to grab the attention of both Freddy and Jeremy.

"Yes, but I'm gonna need you to help me," You said, knowing there's no turning back from this.

"Of course—hold on, how?" Freddy tilted his head, you started to take notice of how often he does that.

"I don't recognize his personality chip, many staff bots have one, and many of them are thrown away, you've seen bonnie before, and he's probably engraved into your memory, you can show me where it is" His mouth stayed ajar the entire time until it closed to form a smile.

"Alright, I'm with you" He nodded.

"We need to reach the sewers, follow me"

"—wait sewer? Through the garbage compactor? Why?" Jeremy followed you and Freddy.

"I know another way, you'll see"

Reaching the main atrium, you strode toward the nearest food stall with Freddy and a confused Jeremy behind you, the kitchen staff bot stared blankly at the three of you and you easily passed him, to a small door in the distant corner, almost hidden, you started to feel around for any kind of dent until a staff bot walked out wordlessly startling you.

Jeremy was more startled though, "Did he just—how?! There's a door here?" He rushed next to you to see, you held the door open and there it is, a metal staircase that leads to the unknown, a very smelly and dark unknown.

"I'll stay here...I'll hold the door for you" Jeremy took a step back and forced open the door that was trying its best to lock again.

You overlooked it and walked in, turning on your flashlight, and allowing Freddy in, the music faded as you slowly wandered in, giving an eerie atmosphere, but you stayed calm, even though a cockroach just crawled up the wall.

The light that showed you some kind of sympathy shined until it couldn't reach you anymore.

"So...is it difficult? Being a security guard I mean..." Freddy asked, you assume he just wants to fill the creepy silence.

"Frustration gets the best of me sometimes, but other than that it's not that bad" You replied without giving it much thought, you've been built for this reason, so it's not like you get to make mistakes and learn from them if those same mistakes are against your programming.

"We're here" you halted Freddy.

This is where they keep the scrap metal, the headless bodies of staff bots flooded the small room, but the only thing that caught your eye is the disassembled bots, everything inside of them is taken out, just empty shells, was it painful?
Can staff bots feel pain...?

"This is disturbing..." Freddy remarked as he scanned the area.

You shined a light at whatever he was looking at, and waited for any sign of recognition on his face, "I...found him..." Freddy kneeled and grabbed a stray circuit board.

"This belonged to bonnie?" You asked.

"Yes, I believe the rest of him is somewhere around here" He answered right after he got up to look.

You examined the circuit board and copied the information, then you started looking with him, some old metal that used to be his casing stood out from the rest, the charming color of purple slightly fading into blue shimmered under your light, thrown away like nothing, is that happening to me someday?

"[Y/n]! I found it!" Freddy yelled from the other side of the room, he was clearly excited

"Are you sure this is it?"

"Yes! This definitely belongs to bonnie!"

"Then we're taking it to heather"

A metal dropped onto the floor with a clatter alerting both you and Freddy, you neared the corner of the door you entered from and a small figure flashed and disappeared, you heard the loud and shaky breathing of the figure and you chased after it, leaving Freddy to figure out what just happened.

"Leave me alone!" The little boy yelled as he threw a heavy metal pipe at you, you grabbed it, inches away from your face.

His back is against the corner, Freddy soon followed you and froze, his eyes darting between you and the little boy.

"You've caused quite the ruckus," you said, barely lowering your ears.

"Freddy do something! They'll kill me!"

You slowly turned to face Freddy, he tensed and stepped back cautiously, thinking that any sudden movements might trigger an outburst from you.

"Explain." your loud voice echoed through the empty room.

"Well...you see...he—"

"That blonde lady is trying to get me!" The boy stopped Freddy from talking in an attempt to defend him.

"Blonde lady...Vanessa?" Last time you checked she's the only blonde guard who's so obsessed with catching him.

"Yeah, whatever her name is, she won't take me to my parents, she's trying to kill me!"