Obsession

Hey guys thanks so much for reading, Unlikely Endings won’t be updated until this story gets a few more chapters added to it so watch this space! Please vote, comment and fan! I appreciate you all :)

“Y-Your Queen?” Violet spluttered placing her palms on Phillip’s chest with the intention of pushing him from her. He grasped her hand and brought it swiftly to his lips.

“Violet I am asking you to marry me” he answered, his voice hoarse and his sea-green eyes darkened with want. She hated the small part of her that was thrilled at his words.

“We would be good together you and I, we are the same…”

“We are not the same!” Violet exclaimed attempting again to push him away and keep a hold of her morality. This man had murdered a member of her family and was holding her in a castle against her will! Yet he held her close and their nearness caused her mind to become hazy. She wanted him. That much was now evident even to her and she did not know how long she could resist.

“Violet” he murmured kissing her fingertips “You and I are alike, we have always wanted what was out of our reach and beyond our grasp. I can give that to you, I can ensure that you are remembered

He had spoken the magic words and entrapped her in her own prison of aspiration. Phillip was offering to simply hand her the world Violet had always been denied and she wanted to say yes so badly. Yet something inside still compelled her to ask.

“And what if I refuse?” she whispered meeting his concentrated gaze for the first time. His eyes seemed to pull her in and she was thankful to have asked her question before losing the power of speech. Phillip scowled and seemed to clutch her to him tighter.

“Why would you refuse?” he demanded boring down on her “I am offering you the world. You have nothing else, no one else, you have no choice. Do you not think I can please you?” his expression became hungry as he slid his palm down her side, and pushed her hips against his. Violet stifled a moan and desperately fought to think over the blood pounding in her ears. She was sure he could please her in many ways and many times over; he seemed to be quite skilled in his seduction.

“And when you no longer have a use for me, when you have claimed Elereld and my father’s armies will not rise against you what then?” Violet asked, she had been tossed aside too many times to risk it happening again. What good was legitimising Phillip’s claim if he would simply rid himself of her when it was all said and done?

“Oh you are clever my darling” Phillip smirked taking hold of her chin and tilting it upwards “You are correct of course, I do need you to ensure your father’s considerable army does not challenge my rule. But, due to some well-placed rumours I have won the allegiance of the army here, so I am under no real threat. Violet, you are so much more to me than that”

Initially this had not been true. He and Matthew had decided that Violet would be the ultimate bargaining tool against the patriotic Duke of Cambrin. The man was pleased to have a daughter on the throne, regardless of which one it happened to be. However the more time he spent with his lovely prisoner the more irresistible she became. Phillip wondered if perhaps the key to his future happiness was standing before him.

“Am I?” Violet laughed bitterly “You have destroyed my life for your own selfish gain and will destroy me once you have earned it. I am merely a means for you to take what you want!”

This time she detached herself from him successfully and stormed towards the door. Phillip lunged forward and grasped her arm, spinning her to face him.

“Tell me you were happy” he commanded “Hidden away in your pathetic dukedom waiting for the years to take you. If you agree to my terms I shall spend the rest of my days ensuring your happiness, I…” he seemed at a loss for words, on the verge of saying something yet unable to allow the sound from his lips.