𝐨𝐨𝐨. 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃

I BELIEVE WE ARE FATED TO MEET,  I JUST HOPE WE ARE ALSO FATED TO LAST

I  BELIEVE  WE  ARE  FATED  TO  MEET,  I  JUST  HOPE  WE  ARE  ALSO  FATED  TO  LAST

Isabel Conklin has hated Ivory Leong since the first day she met the girl.

Some say it's like fate or whatever, the way Conrad Fisher is the reason Ivory was ever incorporated into their little summer group anyways.

It all started when he accidentally threw a football too hard.

"Conrad, I already told you to stop throwing it so hard!" Susannah scolded.

The fence separating their house from their new neighbors was admittedly short, short enough for the kids to climb right over.

It made sense for Susannah to be concerned seeing as Conrad was throwing further than his brother could catch.

They were too close to the fence and she knew the neighbors had a child as well, and the last thing she wanted was for the child to walk outside and get hit.

Conrad, being Conrad, didn't listen and threw harder than he did before.

This time Jeremiah couldn't catch it as it went over the fence, right as a little girl with dark hair pulled up in a tight bun walked outside onto the back porch in pale pink ballet shoes and a cute little tutu.

Her cry was immediate and very loud.

Both Fisher brothers flinched at what was basically a screech and watched with wide eyes as a man and a woman ran outside to check on their daughter.

Seeing the football at her feet, they glanced at the Fishers before pulling their daughter inside and rushing to get her an ice pack.

Her cries were still all too obvious and Susannah gave Conrad a scolding look, to which he just grimaced.

"Conrad Fisher, I told you this would happen." Susannah scolded. "Come on, we're going to go apologize right now. Jeremiah, go inside."

They walked the short distance to the Leong household and rung the doorbell.

A tall boy around the age of sixteen answered the door.

"Can I help you?" He asked tensely.

"Hi, we're you're neighbors." Susannah smiled. "My son accidentally threw a football into your yard."

"Oh." The boy said blankly. "So your son's the reason my little sister is screeching her lungs out."

"Yes." Susannah laughed awkwardly. "Uhm, he just wanted to apologize to her if that's okay. I'm Susannah Fisher by the way, this is my son Conrad."