𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎

WATCH ME PLAY THE PART YOU'VE WRITTEN, BUT DON'T BE SURPRISED WHEN IT KILLS ME

Ivory used to imagine what it would be like to grow old with Conrad and watch their kids like our their own lives

She can't help the smile on her face as she heads up the stairs to the guest bedroom beside Belly's room, excited to show him the matching rings she thinks they could get for their anniversary coming up.

Her mood was brighter now after Jeremiah reminded her that the anniversary for when Conrad first asked her out was coming up and she could hear Conrad's voice coming from the small opening of the door, but she frowns when she hears Belly's laugh as well.

She peeks through the small crack between the door and the frame, feeling her heart drop at the sight of her boyfriend sitting so close to the girl she had been suspicious of, previously thinking the younger had a crush on Conrad. 

Of course she told herself she was wrong after Belly's date with Cameron but it doesn't take a genius to see the signs that what Belly and Conrad have is more than just a friendship.

She tries to tell herself that they're wrong, that her friends are wrong, that Conrad wouldn't hurt her. 

Not like this, not after everything they've been through. 

She takes in a sharp silent breath when Belly leans closer and forces herself away from the door before she could see anything that will prove Conrad's infidelity. 

They're friends and that's it, and that's how it'll stay so long as she puts her trust in him. 

It isn't healthy, she understands that, but she can't bring herself to the idea of losing him after what he helped her through. 

Losing him would be like losing a lifeline.

She doesn't even realize she had walked all the way to the entrance hall until Steven softly grips her shoulder and looks down at her with concern.

"Ivy, you okay?" Ivory nods but he doesn't look convinced, it doesn't help that Jeremiah had told him what Susannah said earlier. "Come on, you can tell me if something's up."

"I'm fine, I promise." Ivory lies, giving him a small smile. "Just lost in thought, that's all."

Steven tries to ask again but is interrupted by Jeremiah who was looking through the glass part beside the door, an impressed look on his face as he turns to look at them.