𝐢𝐱. 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐅

I NEVER WANTED TO LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE YOU DIDN'T EXIST, SO I DECIDED I WOULDN'T

Ivory sighed as she sat at the table, extravagant decor littered the large mansion and the dinner tables were covered in foods imported from different countries

As she poked at the dessert on her plate, she couldn't help but imagine what she could be doing if they had gone to Cousins Beach.

Bikinis instead of long silk dresses, bonfires instead of mansion ballrooms, and friends instead of potential business partners.

Her brother stood across the room with a few businessmen, glancing over to check on her every now and then.

His seventh flute of champagne had been emptied and she knew bubbly alcohol wasn't the only thing he was consuming.

"Ivory, love, why don't you go see if you can help your brother." Elizabeth whispered, nodding towards her son who looked like he was quickly getting fed up with the men around him. "Preferably before he gets tired of those lawyers."

Ivory nodded and approached the small group, Nikolas immediately wrapping an around her.

"Gentlemen." Ivory greeted, smiling softly. "I hope you don't mind me listening in on your talk. My parents would love for me to get some knowledge about law."

"Of course not."

Because who could possibly say no to the youngest Leong.

However, Nikolas is quick to notice the animalistic stares on his sister, who also happened to be the youngest in the entire building that night, and smiled tensely at the men.

"Unfortunately, we have to be going." He said, taking her hand. "It's getting late and it's important for kids to get proper rest."

Ivory follows him quietly as they grab her coat, explaining quickly to their parents that they'd be leaving.

"Nikolas, you've been drinking." Derek said sternly. "You're not driving."

"I'll call a driver." Nikolas shrugged.

The two left the mansion and it wasn't long until one of Nikolas' friends arrived, clearly not sober.

"Niki, I think we should just wait for Mom and Dad." Ivory tried, pulling him back when he went to get into the car.

"Ivy, it'll be fine. I trust him." Nikolas reassured her and so she got into the car.

And maybe that's where it all went wrong.