𝐢𝐯. 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎

I  TRUST  YOU  BECAUSE  I  DON'T  KNOW  WHAT  ELSE  I'M  SUPPOSED  TO  DO  AFTER  EVERYTHING  I'VE  BEEN  THROUGH

Belly smiles a little as Jeremiah steals a cookie from one of the nearby tables.

He quickly wishes her luck before running out of the room, leaving her to find her table.

Her heart practically stops as she sees exactly who's already sitting there.

Conrad's girlfriend, Steven's hookup from the bonfire, the girl who had claimed the position of Ivory's best friend, and the entire group the supposed best friend had hung out with after telling her that Conrad would never fully love her.

'Great, fml.' Belly thinks before putting on a fake smile and walking up to the table, pulling out the only empty chair which was between Steven's hookup and Ivory. 'Lemon jelly belly.'

"Hi." Ivory smiles before spotting the mark on Belly's cheekbone. "Oh my god, is that from last night?"

"Yeah, you don't remember?" Belly asks as Ivory pulls something out of her clutch and gestures for her to turn her head.

"No." Ivory laughs a little. "Con and I are like opposites when it comes to alcohol I guess. He gets drunk and can remember everything. I get drunk and I forget everything, including how to speak Korean which makes no sense since it's my first language but you don't wanna know how I found that out."

Belly laughs, quickly getting a sense of why Ivory is so well - liked.

As much as she hates it, Ivory is nice.

She always helps others and is easy to get along with.

For a minute, Belly feels bad for trying to make advances at Conrad.

Susannah eyes Conrad who sits against the wood frame behind the bench.

"So how are things with Ivy?"

"Mom, can we please not do this?" Conrad asks, retracting his words quickly at his mother's look. "No I just mean - you asked me to come sit for this portrait and I'm here, and I'm more than happy to be here, but can we please not make this a bonding thing?"

"Well excuse me for trying to connect with my son before he leaves for a year." Susannah defends and watches as Conrad's face drops a little.

"Ivy sent me a picture of her debutante dress, she's going to look beautiful." Susannah tries.

"I'm sure she will, she always does." Conrad nods, making a mental reminder to find out what the dress looks like so he could find a suit to match.