Chapter 13

*(Y/N) POV*

I opened my eyes to the bright sun shining through the curtains. I turned myself around to face my wife Nora, sleeping there with content. Her face was beautiful as the sunlight highlighted her beauty. After a while, her eyelids started to slowly flicker open as she woke up with a small yawn. I smiled at her as she smiled back. "What are you looking at?" She asked curiously with her smile. "The most beautiful woman I've ever met in my life, that's what." I responded back. She just chuckled before getting herself out of bed to get ready. "Hey hun, I was wondering if you wanted to go bowling once we get breakfast and all." I asked her as I got up off the bed.

"What time is it now?" Nora asked as she took out a sunflower dress from the closet next to the bed. "Almost noon, seeing from the sun's position." I answered her while walking to her. "Well why didn't you wake me up earlier?" She asked, confused. I grabbed her shoulder and leaned forward before giving her a kiss on the lips. "Your face was just too beautiful, it entranced me." I said to her, she just laughed while giving me a hug. "I love you (Y/N)." She said while hugging me. I hugged her back and said, "I love you too Nora."

*Dream end*

I woke up from my pleasant dream of the past, now coming to my senses. That was so long ago, yet no matter what, I can't let her go. I was laying down before getting myself up, properly sitting up against the backboard of the bed. Verosika was already up, though she seemed upset at something. "Hey, babe, you ok?" I asked her, concerned if something happened to her while I was asleep. "Oh nothing, just a fool thinking you might actually love me. But it seems you prefer Nora over me." She said sourly. I must've been talking through my sleep about my dream for her to say that. "No, it's nothing like that." I responded back now, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Then what is it like then?" Verosika asked with disgust as she didn't trust me. "Nora, Nora is my dead wife." I told her with a heavy sigh. I still missed her, and hoped that she was somewhere safe like heaven, away from all the pain and suffering I've found myself around. Verosika's face turned from hate to sorrow, guilty about what she said earlier. "I'm sorry, I didn't know an-" I cut her off as I pulled her against my chest. Our naked bodies pressed up against one another, and her hair smelled wonderful. "It's fine. Now you know, and all that is in the past. Just an old memory, but now, I got you." I said to her before giving her a kiss on her red lips.

She looked up at me with her beautiful pink eyes and gave a small smile. I smiled back at her, just the two of us enjoying the moment. Eventually though, we finally both let go and got up and dressed. We had to pick up our clothes that were scattered across the floor. When we were dressed, she transformed back into her human disguise. "Honestly, call me crazy, but I kind of prefer your real body instead of the human disguise." I commented to her as I collected our stuff and left over money I had. "You can look at it a lot more later if you like~" She said temptingly while walking up to me. "I'll take you up on that offer. Anyways, before we go, I do need to stop by a pet store, wanna come?" I asked her while all the immature readers laughed at me saying come.

"Sure." Verosika said as she latched onto my arm ready to go. I opened the door for us and we left the hotel. The pet store wasn't too far from the hotel since we were right smack in the middle of the commercial zone. The pet store seemed to be a small locally owned business. Opening the door for me and Verosika, we entered to see a bunch of animals and supplies for said creatures. Verosika gasped in amazement as she let go of my arm to look at the dogs. I walked up behind her as she petted the puppies through the cage with them licking her fingers. "You two look adorable together." I commented to her. "Yeah I know, too bad I can't take him home or you know." She replied back making a gesture with her thumb of a knife cutting her throat.