Chapter 19

*(Y/N) POV*

     Closing the book on top of the table in the garage, I finished up learning the basics of hell's magic. Stolas had started teaching me this ever since I sold part of my soul to take in his sinful one as my own. I guess I'm now half demon and human, well half demon, quarter human, and another quarter damn machine.

     In the book, it states how souls are very powerful, and to collect them is to expand one's own power. But a soul on its own is useless, and needs to be unlocked either through the power of grace and holy magic or through the sinful magic that is hell. I could expand my power through contracts, granting others wishes in exchange for their souls, or I could forcefully take them. But taking a soul is risky, it brings much danger. It's like strapping a bunch of flares on your chest while it's night out and igniting them, it draws the attention of God. That's the reason you don't see demons spilling into the world to grow stronger, but instead always making deals.

     There's magic and then there's sigils or drawings, each one coming into their own pros and cons. I moved away from the table with books and to one of a computer, a program open to create something a blueprint to be 3D printed. Magic is something that needs no preparation, no time, but it's exhausting, and you can not bring out the full potential of one's own power with just brute force magic.

     Whereas a sigil like magic circles is much more prepared, like unwrapped wires versus wrapped ones. The circles have predefined magic that when filled with magic can automatically perform whatever magic it's set to like fire or summoning. It's one that can be carved on anything or even be casted in the air, but usually it takes absolute mastery over a spell to create magic sigils in the air and only the elite really are known for that, save a few exceptions.

     On the program, I designed a couple eyes with sigils engraved in each one. One being to see magic in the world, so I could always be aware of it, and the other being that of allowing me to see through any illusions no matter what. With the blueprints done, I 3D printed the eyes in smooth silicon and space inside to fit my tech I already had in these eyes. Taking the finished product, I went over to the surgical table and sat on it. Next to it was a computer that was suspended by bars set into the ceiling along with many tools and scalpels and some medicines were fastened to the side of the table, ready to be pulled into a syringe and injected.

     I put in the operation I wanted into the terminal, eye replacement with the new eyes I laid out on a small tray at the foot of the table. Pressing enter, the operation started as a large eye camera came down from the ceiling, looking at me, the table, and processing before whirring up. “Please relax Mr. (Y/N), the operation will be done shortly.” The machine said in a feminine silky voice. A syringe came down and took some anesthesia from the vials on the side of the table and injected it into my arm as I laid down, relaxing myself. My vision blurred as the blades above spurred with life and came closer to my face.

*Time skip because I don't you want to hear about eyes and nerves being ripped out, your lunch will thank me*

     As I came back to my senses, my eyes felt strange and sore as I sat up. The camera eye floated next to me, examining my reaction. “The operation was a sounding success. Minimum blood loss and your body did not reject the treatment. Going back into hibernation.” She said with a calming demeanor before going back up into the ceiling with all the tools.

     I got up and rubbed my brows as I felt very tired but I knew I still had things to do. Today, I was going out to take on a business opportunity with a local gang in the area. In order to prevent an outright rivalry and war, I decided to keep my business and operations a secret of sorts. Instead of the standard family ruling through one gang on our territory, I decided to instead puppet the many local gangs. Through the connections of our business dealings, selling some of the best guns and armor, even a few vehicles, a lot of them came to be solely dependent on us.