Chapter 18

*(Y/N) POV*

     The bar went from a bunch of loud hollering and laughing to dead silence as the red light from outside shone in showing me and my group standing in the doorway. Many tensed up as they grabbed their guns, some older models back in Vietnam and others were straight up Remington rifles that seemed made in the 1930s. My soldiers semi ready their rifles, ready for any quick movements from the patrons. A demon, black skin charcoal skin and blue fiery eyes dressed in what appeared to be a Prussian or Nazi uniform of sorts, gray uniform and cap with a skull on front looked at us intensely, the air around him seemed to wait on his breath. He must be the commander and chief.

     “What brings you all here to this fine small establishment? Do you have any idea who we are?” He asked, full of venom. I put my hands up as I stepped forward, Loona and the rest stood back with weapons at the ready. “I do, most here are part of the old guard, and the rest are at least affiliated. Am I right or wrong?” I asked while getting closer to the counter, the imp behind the bar shook with her glass of whiskey, not sure to run or stay. “Tender, may I have a shot of that fine whiskey?” I asked while fishing some cash out and putting it on the counter. She hesitated before doing so, and when she finished backed away as I snatched the glass up and offered it kindly to the captain.

     “I came here just on business, sorry it was a little bit on the spot. Here's a shot of whiskey, as my apologies to you good sir.” I said with honeyed words. The captain eyed me up and down, both my hands away from my guns and seemingly vulnerable. “What's your game?” He asked, his suspicion growing ever higher. “Known, I just want to discuss business, I would like to perhaps create a treaty of sorts between the Goetia and the old guards, and to solidify it, I came with money. That's why I got such a high security detail.” I explained calmly to him. From the explanation, he seemed a little more at ease, as his guard slipped and he went to grab the glass from my hands.

     In an instant, I dropped the glass and pulled the demon forward, using my other hand to grab hold of the nine millimeter pistol in the holster and point it at the demon grunt behind him who was still fumbling to grab the gun. In a single moment, a shot rang out killing the merc behind the captain as my soldiers followed suit with Loona, opening fire on all the patrons who scrambled behind seats and tables to get some cover. The captain tried pulling back, gritting his teeth as he flared with hate before I pushed him back over the counter, into the imp and shattering the shelf of liquor behind the bar hurting the two.

     Quickly I turned to the other side of the bar to see the other captain’s friend about to point his rifle before I put a bullet in between his eyes with the same pistol as before. I jumped across the counter and into the captain that was trying to get up, him yelling out, “FUCKING BASTARD!” His head hit against the shelf again full of glass, cutting up his charcoal like skin some more and stumbling to the side, holding his balance this time as the imp before fled on the ground, away from the chaos. Bullets started flying back as return fire, though only minor damage could be done to the synths as they returned a hail of fire back. Me and the captain got locked in a fight as I punched him square across the chin.

     He regained his composure with adrenaline surge and leaped forward, tackling me back as we crashed down behind the bar, hitting the bartender again as she cried out. I kept punching his sides, not getting any good blows as it only seemed to piss him off more. He reached down and pulled a knife before stabbing my side.

     I wrestled him, my heart beating faster as I pushed him to the side and started laying haymakers on his face while the bartender quickly wiggled out and crawled, hurt badly and crying with a horn broken and the other cracked.

     The captain lost grip on the knife and tried reaching again for it before my hand shot down to pin his arm. He retaliated by leaning forward and biting down with his sharp teeth on my forearm, causing my blood to spill onto his face. I pushed his head down, and slammed it against the wooden floor, several times before knocking his hold on my arm, him screaming in agony and pain. To the side, grabbing it was a still intact glass bottle of liquor as I smashed it against the captain's face causing him to kick his feet, pushing me off him.

     I slowly got up with some pain shooting up from the sides, as I got a stimpack and injected into my side while taking the blood soak knife out. Looking around and above the bar counter, I saw the synths sweeping the place as melted demon faces laid against the ground, in puddles of flesh and blood, no survivors as my crew seemed only nicked and hardly damaged from any shots that did land on them. Loona seemed fine as she stood admiring her new pistol. I looked back at the captain who started crawling away from me, right behind the bartender who gave up crawling as she seemed in a lot of pain.

     Stepping forward slowly, I cracked my knuckles making the old guard officer look back, hatred filling his expression as he spat in my direction. “We'll fucking kill your whole damn family, no matter what. Whether I die here today or not!” He said confidently.

     “Yeah sure, we'll see how long that tough personality of yours will last as I slowly break you at home.” I calmly remarked before stomping my boot against his head, knocking him out cold but alive. Sighing in relief at the end of the mess, I picked up the warm body below and pushed it onto the counter. “Hey, come pick this prisoner up. High intelligence on this one, want him taken home and processed, I want to know everything and anything he knows about plans and actions the old guard is taking against us.” I told the synths as one came up, shoulder strapping their plasma rifle and hoisting the demon onto its shoulders.

     Before I could hop over the counter, I felt a small hand grab onto my boot and a weak voice, “please help me, I don't want to die.” Looking down, I saw the bartender who was bleeding heavily, it seemed a large piece of glass got stuck into a side of her, cutting an artery perhaps making her so weak. Leaning down, I said back, “Why should I help you?” She looked up, desperate at anything. “I'll do anything, please, no matter what.” She said as her life flickered across her face.

     “I want you to then become a personal butler then, I lost a great one a week ago.” I responded back. “Yes, I'll do it.” She said weakly, but her grip tightened on my ankle as hope flashed in her eyes. I got some med ex and injected her with it to help the pain, before administering some buffout for the bleeding and a stimpack to start growing. Slowly I took out the glass and replaced it with bandages to cover the wound and pressure on top to stop so much blood pouring. It would be less expensive to keep her alive then bring her from death, so I best be quick to get her somewhere I could stitch that wound up.

     Picking her up princess style, Loona was shocked to see her pop from behind in my arms? “Isn't she the bartender? What is she, your informat or something?” Loona shot with daggers at her. “No she's my replacement now to Bob, as the workload at the Mansion with all the cleaning has been lagging behind.” I responded back to her before going around the counter, like a normal person, and towards the doors. The others followed suit with no other survivors from the patrons appearing as they were getting outside, it seemed it was peaceful outside. Maybe next time my sentry bot would get some action, well maybe next time.

---------------------------------

Did ya think I'd just leave ya on an action cliffhanger? I probably would actually, nevermind. Anyways, hopefully ya liked the story, if ya did please vote for chapter and follow me and I'll follow you back home. Two updates in a day, man, until next time, Coffee out!

Word count 1500