Chapter 14

*(Y/N) POV*

A couple days had gone by, things were going good. It was getting close to Verosika's concert that was staged in the city. Eating with the family of birds, Octavia sat next to me with Benny the parrot, feeding him a couple pieces of food before eating some of her breakfast. "I see you've got quite attached to the bird. You still want me to taxidermize him?" I asked her while eating the steak. "I don't know, I think I like him like this." Octavia said while petting the parrot who climbed up onto her shoulder.

Looking at how quickly she bonded over the bird had me wondering about her social life. "That's so great my dear, I'm delighted to know that you've made a new friendship." Stolas said while clapping a little with a huge smile plastered on his face. "It'll be good for you to socialize a bit more, but I agree. The bird is a good step to being more socially active." Stella said while eyeing up Benny. "Wait, do you not have anyone to hang out with?" I asked questionably, looking at Octavia. She was a young adult with full access to the internet, you would think she had many people to talk to. Octavia looked embarrassed at my question as she pulled down her black beanie to cover her face.

"No, dad and mom are just, you know, exaggerating. I'm fine." Octavia said shyly trying to brush my question off. "My statement was hardly an exaggeration, in fact it was an understatement. As the next head of the Goetia family, you will need to learn how to talk and present yourself amongst others as well as to make vital connections." Stella said firmly to Octavia. Octavia shrank before Stella's gaze before Stella softened up and released a sigh. "You know, the concert is coming. I know a girl, who kind of reminds me of you, invited her to the concert. Maybe you guys would hit it off?" I suggested it to her while finishing up my breakfast.

"Yes, that's a good idea. Be sure to bring her along and Octavia, be sure to make friends with the girl." Stella commanded Octavia as she finished her breakfast as well. "Yes mom." Octavia said in a dejected tone while Benny tried play bite her cheek to cheer her up. "Come on, I'll be your wingman." I reassured Octavia with a nudge to her shoulder and a smile. Octavia gave a small smile back to me trying to brighten up. With that, breakfast was about done and it was time to get to work for another day of killing.

*Timeskip brought to you by you horny motherfuckers*

Sitting up on top of a roof with my silenced sniper rifle, I locked in on my target. Blitz was with me, watching out as for anyone else fooling around up here. Though, he mostly was scribbling on a piece of paper of some horse or some shit like that. "So Blitz, I have a question." I said to Blitz while zooming on the open window of the target's house. "Well, spit it out already! Stop being such a fucking tease like a fucking stripper." Blitz commanded me impatiently. "I wanted to know if I could take Loona out to a concert, to hang out with Stolas's daughter." I told him as the target appeared in the window.

"Are you out of your goddamn mind!" Blitz yelled which completely covered my suppressed shot. "Before you assume anything, we got balcony seats for this concert. That means the only person she will be talking to is Octavia, Stolas's daughter." I told him as I got off the ground and dusted myself off. "I'm not going to let my dear Loony go out to some fuckfest and get hurt!" Blitz yelled in stubbornness while turning his back on me. "Well, if you did let her go, I bet she'd absolutely love you for it. Plus I'll be on security, and you know how I don't fuck around while on a job." I told Blitz while getting my shit ready for going home.

Blitz thought there with a conflicted face as a portal opened up for us to hop in. I just grabbed Blitz without interrupting his thoughts and hopped through the portal to the other side. There Loona sat at the reception desk and it seemed the M&M duo were still out. Putting Blitz down, it seemed he finished making up his mind. "Fine, but you better keep my Loony safe or else I'll cut your fucking dick off. You got that?" Blitz threatened while getting up into my face. "Understood, I'm sure Loona's going to love you for this." I said while Loona held up a middle finger without looking away from her phone.