𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏|| 𝑹𝒂𝒃𝒊-𝒖𝒍-𝒂𝒘𝒘𝒂𝒍

It was the month of Rabi-ul-Awwal, and for the beloved of Nabi Kareem (PBUH), everything felt like a dream. It was too good to be true when the family got the news of the first moon of Rabi-ul-Awwal!

It was said to be the tradition of the Shah family to celebrate Rabi-ul-Awwal with all their hearts and soul. Since Haseena had married into the family as the new and big bahu of the Shahs, she had always seen Milad Shareef and Quran Khani happening.

This time too, everyone was ecstatic about it, especially Rubaab, who was going to see the Milad happening in the Shah family for the first time.

All the cousins, along with Sana and Rubaab, had decided to shop for new dresses. They all had chosen to wear something green, while the boys were going with white. Arsalan was busy when Rubaab called him about their plan and got the responsibility to buy his clothes too.

Inside the mall of Karachi, there were, as usual, many people. Some were really shopping, while others were there for window shopping, treating the malls as their personal picnic spot.

Both Rubaab and Sana were with Alia as the other siblings had decided to do their shopping after eating something, so they were in the food court. It was awkward for Rubaab to shop with Alia, as she still remembered the things Alia had said on the day of her nikkah.

Entering the first shop, which was Khaadi, where quality mattered the most, Rubaab tried to pick something, but there wasn't anything that caught her attention. The same went for the others, so they moved on to their next spot. At Sana Safinaz, Sana found the dress she had been looking for.

Next was Rubaab, who got her dress from Limelight and Arsalan's dress from J. They were on their next stop, MinSaa, for Alia, when Rubaab bumped into an elderly-looking woman, making her stumble a bit. The girl standing next to the woman pushed Rubaab, causing her to fall on the floor. It happened so abruptly and childishly that Rubaab didn't even get the chance to comprehend!

Seeing this, Alia quickly rushed to help Rubaab when she heard the girl speaking rudely to her. "I-I'm so-sorry," said Rubaab, but the girl glared at her. "Kya sorry... Fazool mai sorry bol rahi ho. Agar meri ammi ko lag jati to," she yelled, gaining the attention of passersby.

(What sorry, cant you see? What if my ammi got hurt?)

"She said sorry; why are you making it a big deal?" said Alia, helping Rubaab stand up. "Apni aukat mai raho tum. Mai tumse bat nhi karrahi samjhi...mai is jahil larki se bat karrahi hun jise pata nhi hai k wo kahan chal rahi hai," said that girl. Alia looked at Rubaab and saw her scared expressions.

(Stay in your limits, I am not talking to you! I am talking with this illiterate girl who doesn't know where she is going!)

Alia sighed, and they were about to leave when she heard a voice, making her stiffen in her place. It was the same voice she hated, of that one person she hated. "Kya horaha hai beta Urooj?" Alia gulped and turned around to leave with Rubaab and Sana, but it was already late when the man who came there saw Alia and stopped her by grabbing her arm.

(What happened urooj beta?)

"Alia bache... Is that you?" he asked in a pleasing voice. Seeing Alia's eyes filled with tears made Rubaab scared, and she quickly yanked the man's hand from Alia and grabbed it instead. "Alia... Alia stop." Alia didn't stop for a second and tried to go away, only for the man to call!

Taking a sharp breath, Alia turned around confidently, but the fear and pain were visible in her eyes. "Yes, it is me, Mr. Ramees, and now we are getting late."

Sana, after hearing the name, gasped and looked at Alia. Ramees once again stopped Alia; Urooj and the elderly woman were confused. Urooj asked, "Who is she, Baba, and why are you stopping her? Let her go if she wants to."

Ramees looked at Urooj and then at Alia. "Yes, Mr. Ramees, obey your daughter and let me go," Alia taunted her father. Her heart was already damaged, and she wasn't going to let him damage it more!

"But you are also my daughter, Alia... bache aisa na karo... dekho hum kitne din baat mile hain... aisa nahi karte baba k sath-" Alia's temper shot up hearing him; he didn't deserve to be her baba! She yelled at his face.

(Dont do it beta, look we met after so long, dont do it with baba)

"You are NOT MY BABA... don't you dare to call me your daughter because I'm no one to you!" Rubaab was now feeling even more scared. Sana was standing beside Alia, giving her some moral support because even though they never got along, she knew the story of Alia's father and the bitter truth of her parents' divorce.

Rubaab took out her phone with shaky hands and stood somewhere far from the place to call Arsalan. That was the only thing she could think of! She was unaware of the matter, but the man was clearly pushing Alia's buttons!

"Aise nahi kaho, Alia beti.... mujh se itna naraz kyun ho?" Alia chuckled sarcastically. Did he just? Just now ask her something so ridiculous? "Kahan the ap, kyun kia apne mere sath aisa, ap to apni zindagi mein khush nazar arahe hain lekin apne kabhi meri haal chal li? Mujhe meri maa k sath chor kar chale gaye the ap... ab apne bahane band karen."

(Alia, why are you so upset with me?)
(Where were you? Why did you do it with me? Why did you never ask for me? You left me with mother, stop with your excuses)

Alia wiped her tears. "Maine... maine kab chora tumhe meri jaan... tumne mujhse milne ka mana kia tha... after mine and your mother's divorce, I had filed a case for your custody, but your mamu never let me win," said Ramees with a weary voice after hearing his daughter doubting his love for her.

(I didn't leave you beta, you refused to meet me)

"And you gave up... never again you tried?" on which he nodded as no and tried to explain, but she wasn't listening. Suddenly she heard Arsalan's voice calling Rubaab's name who was standing in the corner.

She saw him running towards her and Rubaab pointing towards them. She suddenly felt very thankful to Rubaab as she wasn't in the mood to listen to that pretty excuse of her father.

Standing in front of Ramees, Arsalan shook his hand. "Kya hal hai, Uncle... kuch kam tha apne in sab ko aise roka hua hai?" asked Arsalan in a cold voice with a calm face.

(How are you uncle? Everything's okay that you stopped them in middle?)

"Roka nhi hai beta...apni beti se mil raha tha..." But was cut off when Arsalan showed him the people standing there.

(I didn't stop, I was meeting my daughter)

"Agar apko bat karni thi to ap kahin beth jate, aise tamasha kyun bana rahe hain ap? or wese bhi..alia ko dekh kar lagta hai k wo ap se ab bat nhi karna chahti to hum chalte hain," saying he held Rubaab's hand and gestured Alia and Sana to come along.

(If you wanted to talk, you could have sat down somewhere quite! Why are you making a scene? And looking at alia, I dont think she wanna talk with you! We shall go)

"Alia beti...please aik bar bat suno," he once again stopped them. "Suno.... just let me meet you once again?" Alia remembered every pain she had gone through! She was mocked for not having a father! She lived in poverty! She had left her education hanging at one point! And will she listen to him? Rameez was looking at her with expectation only for her to ignore him, and she left! Her action spoke; she would never ever listen to him now! It was late now! Too late!

(Listen beta, just listen to me once)