𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏|| 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕

In life, we often encounter two pivotal moments: the breaking point, where we feel left with nothing but guilt, and the realization of why we endure such struggles. Allah guides us through challenges, planting the seed of realization that marks the beginning of personal and collective improvement.

Rubaab remained slumped on the floor, her head cradled in her hands, attempting to fathom what transgression she might have committed. Wasn't she meant to be the victim of manipulation? Anger coursed through her toward Arsalan. How could he be disappointed in her when, from the outset, he had vowed to listen to every woe and endeavor to resolve it? Dilemma enveloped her, and she sensed that with a tad more trust in Arsalan, the situation might not have spiraled into such ugliness.

Concluding that enough was enough, during those months cohabiting with Arsalan, she recognized that he was her sole anchor. She wasn't merely a daughter of her family; her existence revolved around Arsalan. Regret for disappointing him washed over her, and she pondered how she had allowed herself to provide him with an opportunity to view her as nothing more than a seventeen-year-old.

Though her immediate instinct urged her to pursue Arsalan, she acknowledged that allowing him time to cool down would be wiser. Instead, she sought solace in Rimhsa, who had played a significant role in elucidating the essence of their nikkah during those months. Rubaab had absorbed her advice, finding a soothing balm for her troubled heart.

Wiping her tears with the pallu of her dupatta, Rubaab rose to her feet and made her way to the left wing, eventually arriving at Rimhsa's room. A gentle knock preceded a soft invitation to enter. Upon doing so, she discovered Rimhsa engrossed in reading near the window. Overwhelmed by emotion, Rubaab's tears flowed anew, prompting Rimhsa to abandon her book and rush to her side.

"Rubaab... meri jaan, kya hua hai? Kyun ro rahi ho?" But Rubaab only sobbed while hugging her. Rimsha made her sit on the bed, asked her again, and gave her water. Rubaab took some sips and told her about the conversation she had with Arsalan. She expected Rimsha to react as Arsalan did, but she was surprised when Rimsha just hugged her.

(Rubaab my love, why are you crying?)

"Hmm. To ye mamla hai... Rubaab, mai ye nahi kahungi ki Arsalan galat hai, par usko aise gussa nahi karna chahiye tha! But you do realize ki galti aapki bhi hai! Alia ne galat kia aapko involve karke, knowing you wouldn't say no, but aapko hum me se kisi ko bata dia hota... to aisa nahi hota," Rimsha started, and when she said the last words, she saw Rubaab's face falling.

(Hmm. So, this is the matter... Rubaab, I won't say that Arsalan is wrong, but he shouldn't have gotten angry like that! But you do realize that the mistake is yours too! Alia did wrong by involving you, knowing you wouldn't say no, but if you had told someone among us... it wouldn't have turned out like this.)

She recovered her words, saying, "Lekin is ka matlab ye nahi ki galti aapki hai... I know it's not... Arsalan is normally composed, haina? He doesn't get angry, but now your husband has become someone else. Why don't you go and apologize and make him apologize as well? You should clear all the doubts, bache!" Rubaab nodded and listened more. "You know, husband and wife ka rishta bahut nazuk hota hai... Agar larai ke baad koi apni ego ko drop nahi kare to is ka sabab rishta bigadne mai hota hai... Koi farq nahi parta if man apologizes or women agar galti hui.... You know it's you who should apologize! Arsalan was worried about Faizan, right... Go and make your husband's anger go. You have grown up now, and you should know what it can do if you and your spouse aren't on the best terms. Aise mamle mein biwi ko bhi samajhna chahiye, kyunki agar dusro ko pata chala or wo apse jalte honge to wo sab kuch karenge apko barbad karne ke lie.... Now go before it's late." Rubaab heard every word clearly; she understands it.