𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆 || 𝑻𝒐𝒙𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔

After Karim Shah's decision to separate them, he did just that. Initially, Karim Shah wanted a complete separation, but after careful consideration, he called his brothers without glancing at Adil and decided to segregate only the kitchens. He stated that if Saima was tired of taking care of their food, she could only prepare meals for herself and her husband, while others would dine together.

Raniya, not wanting to be separated from Haseena, remained with her. The responsibility of meals now rested on the shoulders of the new daughters-in-law. Saima created a fuss about not taking Ali's bride with her, creating a lot of drama. Although Ali never wanted to be apart from his mother, she didn't leave him with any other choice.

So, Ali, along with Rimsha, was left with Karim Shah and Haseena, and Raniya was more than happy. The ground floor had five rooms, with three occupied by Karim Shah, Adnaan Shah, and the late Anabia. Two were occupied by Sana and Saim. The first floor also had five rooms, with one for Arsalan, another for Rubaab. Faizan and Alia were sharing a room, as expected after their marriage. The other one belonged to Ali, while Rimsha occupied his phuppo's room.

The left portion of the second floor was occupied by Saima and her family, featuring a lounge, kitchen, and four rooms.

A week had passed since Alia considered herself an orphan and a week since Faizan and Alia's relationship, which wasn't even born, was now at stake. After Anabia's janaza, Alia isolated herself, clinging only to the memories of her mother. The day of her mother's funeral, her father came and demanded from Karim Shah to let her live with them, shocked to learn that his daughter was married and he wasn't even informed. Yet, he dared not complain, having done nothing to deserve his daughter.

Faizan was initially there for her, doing his best to give his wife time and support. For him, her safety was paramount, not that she left him in the middle of their own marriage. However, Alia's behavior towards him wasn't something he was willing to endure. She would yell at him, blaming him for his mother's death.

He wondered why, and she replied that if he hadn't sent his alliance for her, Anabia wouldn't have forced her into marriage. She wouldn't have taken a step that would leave her mother with no dignity and no life.

Currently in his room, Faizan worked on a case involving a girl being abused by her husband. After years of endurance, she filed a case, and Faizan's whole team was in charge of it. He sighed, checked the time, and stretched after sitting in the same spot for more than two hours. It was 11 am, and his wife was still asleep on the bed.

Packing up his things, he made his way to the bed and laid beside her, covering himself with the quilt. Observing her peaceful sleep, he chuckled, knowing the wild cat that she could be when awake. Closing his eyes, he hoped for some rest. Sleep seemed elusive, remembering days when he pulled her into his arms to sleep, only to face her wrath in the morning. Not wanting to repeat it, he laid back, waiting, and after what felt like an eternity (but was only five minutes), he finally slept.
____

The next morning didn't bring any changes to the home, except that the youngsters had started going to their colleges and schools. Alia was sitting with the others while everyone had their breakfast. She decided to take a few more days off. Early in the morning, all the men, except Adil, had to go to their own work, so everyone was there, including Saima and Adil, along with their two younger kids.

It wasn't chirpy, nor was it quiet when Arsalan spoke up, "Abbu, hume, yani mujhe, Faizan, or Ali ko aapse kuch baat karni hai. Ghar aakar karen ya abhi?" Karim Shah looked at him confused before asking, "Is it something that should not be said in front of everyone?" on which Ali blushed before saying no.

(Abbu, we wanna talk about something. Should we wait till we all are home?)

"Wo, actually... you know how much has happened in those days, Saima Chachi and Chachu leaving, and now Ali is all alone, as he really didn't want to go to his parents," said Arsalan, trying to articulate what he wanted to say, feeling nervous.

"Bol de yaar, bat na ghuma," Faizan spoke in an irritated voice, making Arsalan glare at him. "Khud bol le," he added in a sarcastic tone. "So we were thinking, why don't we get Rimsha rukhsat too... I mean... You know," Arsalan stuttered at last. Asking his father for her marriage was enough for him, but now rukhsati... he could feel a slap coming, but it didn't, especially when Haseena smiled big. "Maine bhi yehi socha tha... Haan, kitna acha hai na... kara dete hain rukhsati." Seeing his wife happy, he looked at his daughter, and her blushing was a clear indication to Karim Shah that she was happy too.

(Just say it, dont go around)
(Say it yourself)
(I was thinking the same, lets get them rukhsat)

"Theek hai... kar lete hain, Ali bhai, aap bata den kab jan chura rahe hain hamari beti se hamari?" All of them laughed, except for Rimsha, who whined at her father, and Alia, whose mind was somewhere else.

(Okay, we should. So ali, when are you taking her away from us?)

"Jab aap chahen, bade abbu..." Ali was cut off by his Adnaan Chachu. "Arey... isi haftay sahi hai na... bechare ab khud to bol nahi sakta lekin bata raha hun, utawla hai," he teased his bhanja, making them all laugh, while it was Ali's turn to blush

(Whenever you want)
(Lets do it this week, they are wayy to shy to speak up but we know)

Of course, it wasn't easy for Ali to be suddenly abandoned by his mother. He thought that maybe being a mother, something would help her hate towards them, but nothing made his mother give a care. Not like he did too. He was lonely and wanted company. Perhaps his cousins understood him more than his own, as they suggested the idea. He was so happy to accept.

The date was fixed after a week. Nobody was called, as per Rimsha and Ali's wish. They had so much going on, and they didn't want others to know about them. All of them were happy. But Alia wasn't. She was thinking something.

Something her mother used to say, 'Is ghar mein tumhara apna koi nahi hai... Sab matlabi hain.' Now, it wasn't even a month since her mother's death, and they were planning a wedding, and that too with so much excitement. She felt herself bubbling with anger, and it was converting into rage when she saw Faizan participating in it like his mother-in-law wasn't even his!

(No body is your own here, they all are selfish)

Maybe her mother was right, she thought. Sometimes, we get so lost in the toxicity around us created by negative people that we can't even see through the reality. It was happening with Alia too. After her marriage with Faizan, or more like a hasty nikkah, nobody tried to comfort her, or maybe they did, but Alia was blind at that time with pain.

She was thinking that they were still not letting go of her eloping, Faizan too. He hadn't had any normal conversation with her, not like she was trying too. The bubble of negativity created by her mother was now enclosing itself around her, making her feel stifled.