𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟝

3 years later...

Third Person's POV

It's been three years since the zombie apocalypse in South Korea broke out. Jungkook had safely gotten out with his team to Japan... Well, except Lia. The same couldn't be said for her. She's a raging zombie. Jungkook put the baby he rescued from the ship up for adoption. The virus did spread from South Korea to other countries but they all did a better job at curbing the virus. Somehow more from South Korea would come in as survivors would try and make it out. Growing tired of the menace, North Korea nuked the entirety of South Korea and now it lies as a radioactive wasteland... Idle and dangerous to any life form.

Jungkook silently walks into the room watching the love of his life devour a man brutally as he screams trying to escape. He was tied up and thrown in front of her as food. 

Jungkook waits for the man to stop screaming and lose his conscience. The man slowly stops struggling and falls unconscious. 

"Hmmm," Jungkook hums with a smile, "Is your lunch tasty, babe?"

She continues to bite and tear into the man's flesh as he sits on a chair away from her. 

"I'm sure it is," he chuckles, "Look at you go," he looks at her with big, round, and loving eyes, "Like you don't eat at least three of them every day."

Jungkook breathes in and smells the stench in the room. He crinkles his nose with a smile, "Don't you think this room needs some cleaning?"

He stands up and inspects the wall behind the chair, "It's all mouldy and smelly in here," he looks at the floor to see blood and guts splattered everywhere, "Do you want a new room, babe? Or are you okay in here?"

He grins at her. No response. Obviously... She's busy eating lunch.

He inhales through gritted teeth, "Slow down, babe."

"You know," he sits back down watching her, "It's hard to transport you to another room. You're quite aggressive." 

"Oh, yes," Jungkook grins as he remembers, "I forgot to tell you the details about your breakfast and lunch. The woman who you ate this morning was unwell. She was in the grocery store but when she walked out she collapsed and I caught her. I got her all the way home to give you. Was she tasty?"

He heard snarls and other wet squelching sounds.

He laughs at himself, "But don't you feel guilty for this man. I found him trying to hit a kid. When the kid got into the car, I nabbed him. I don't know if it was his kid. Who cares, right? You got your lunch and we're both happy."

He gets no reply. As expected. How can a zombie speak? They only care about food.

"Jungkook!" Hoseok opens the door whispering his name in urgency, "There's a police officer here."

Jungkook smirks before looking back at Lia, "There's your dinner, babe."

"Is he alone?" He asks and Hoseok nods.

"Good," he stands up, "Grab him and tie him up. Take care though. Don't let him die. My Lia likes her food live."

2 weeks later...

"Medical scientists have created a vaccine for the spreading virus," the woman on the news announces with a bright smile. Probably thinking it's over and everything will be fine. 

"This vaccine is tested and ready to go," she grins, "The vaccine has been shipped all over the world and will soon be available- Or is already available at your nearest hospital, school and or vaccination camps. Let's conquer this together!"

Jungkook sighs turning the television off. Do I have to get it? What if it hurts Lia?

What if it cures Lia?

Can it cure Lia?

He quickly unlocks his phone and opens Google. 

"Can," he types in, "the vaccine..," his fingers tap the screen quickly, "cure a zombie?"

The app loads as he taps his foot. 

A snippet on Google shows a completely irrelevant answer and Jungkook throws his phone in frustration, "Fuck you, Google."

"Jungkook?" Hoseok walks in hearing the phone ricochet from the floor.

Jungkook sighs and sits down, "Yes."

"What happened?" Hoseok asks sitting next to Jungkook.

"Do you think the new vaccination can cure Lia?" He asks softly, tears threatening to fall.

"I'm not sure, Jungkook," Hoseok smiles softly at Jungkook, "We can try."

"What if she gets hurt?" He whispers, tears finally running down his cheeks.

"Do you want to try and make her human again?" Hoseok asks.

"Yes," Jungkook whispers again unable to muster the strength to use his voice.

"Then try," Hoseok says, "I hate feeding her unsuspecting humans that are going on with their lives."

"Is the vaccine available at the hospitals?" Jungkook asks.

"Yeah," Hoseok stands up patting Jungkook's shoulder, "We should go get it."

Jungkook tips his chin up agreeing with Hoseok.

A few hours later...

Jungkook walks into her room softly. He closes the door behind him with a click alerting her. She looks up snarling at him, constantly trying to break free from the chains holding her at the corner of the room.

"Calm down, baby," Jungkook grins fidgeting with the vaccine bottle and syringe in his hands, "I'm not food."

Lia's fingernails claw on the ground.

"Careful, Lia!" Jungkook frowns, "Don't break your nails. They're pretty weak."

Jungkook had become delusional over the years comfortably pretending that Lia could understand everything he said but was just mad at him for being ignorant of her. 

He sighs, "You never listen, do you?"

His eyes move to the rotting body beside her. Rolling his eyes he frowns, "You didn't even finish your lunch and you're already trying to jump at me?" He smirks, "Am I that tasty?"

He calls for his men and they come storming in.

"Clean out the body," Jungkook crinkles his nose looking at it.

They carefully take the body on a stretcher.

"Oh also," he pauses looking at the syringe. 

"Muzzle her

"Muzzle her."

954 WORDS