Chapter 10: Colour Me Impressed.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

Diego and Blair insist we go somewhere more fun but I'm not in the mood and Cassandra's mum keeps ringing her phone so we both end up declining.

They both go ahead without us, taking Diego's car. Cassandra offers me a ride back to Olivia's house, where I left my bike.

She's headed in that direction anyway since the Richardson mansion is right after Diego's neighborhood.

I've never crossed the Richardson's gates but Diego and I used to ride our bikes right passed the estate when we were younger and every time, we'd stop to stare at the mansion, it just made me feel like my parents were doing something wrong with their lives.

Weirdly, I feel like that right now.

Cassandra Richardson looks like money, hell, she even smells like money. Her hair is golden silk, she's wearing diamond stud earrings, I know her matching outfit was designed by some expensive designer and she's wearing sneakers but even they look fucking expensive.

Why did I ever think that I'd get a shot with her?

"This it?" Her voice brings me back to reality, I look out the window and I spot my bike in Olivia's driveway.

"Yeah." I unbuckle my seatbelt.

"Is that your bike?" She bends her head to look at the bike.

"Yes, and that's Olivia's house." I add for some reason.

"Oh, you getting lucky tonight?" She teases, playfully punching my shoulder.

"No, I met her last Friday for fucks sake." I laugh.

"Attraction is attraction." She shrugs, "If I were you, I'd sneak in her room looking all hot and sexy and fuck her missionary style." She says this so casually I laugh, shaking my head at her.

"You're cooler than your brother." I tell her, staring at her face.

"And cuter." She does a dramatic hair flip.

"Thanks for the advise but I think I'm just gonna hop on my bike and go home, it's been a long day." I admit.

"Alright then," she heaves a sigh, "Go ahead, be boring." She presses the ignition switch.

I smile at her, opening the door and stepping out of the car.

She drives off and I jog to Olivia's driveway, I unclasp my helmet from the throttle handle while staring at the house.

A little voice in my head is curious, is she awake? If not then what is she dreaming about?

Wait, what?

I know, I know, I'm not supposed to think about stuff like that, it's weird as hell but I can't help it.

I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket.

I sigh, knowing that it's Diego.

I take my phone out of my pocket, checking his new text.

It's a picture of a car.

"The fuck?" I squint my eyes at the screen, zooming in.

It's the principal's car, I can't make out who's inside it but I can tell that there are two people inside.

"Sorry, bro." Says Diego's text at the bottom of the picture, that's how I know exactly who's in the car.

Jesus, Mum, not this again.