Chapter 16: Bad Combination.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

"I'm busy!" I respond to Cass, my eyes still glued to Olivia.

"It's show time!" She shouts back.

Show time means Sandra's here so we have to do the whole make her jealous thing.

"Is Cassandra Richardson your new girlfriend?" Asks Olivia as she looks at the door.

"What's it to you?" I scoff.

She rolls her eyes at me and tries to walk away.

"Hey, hey, hey, chill." I grab her arm, "It's complicated." I answer her question.

"How complicated?" Her face looks serious, I watch her expression in disbelief.

I might be obsessed but Olivia is a little bit possessive.

A very bad combination indeed.

"I can't explain how complicated it is but, she's not my girlfriend." I shake my head.

"You're sleeping with her then." Her eyes go round, I laugh.

"Please say fuck before I call you a Normie." I joke, that makes her smile.

"I am a Normie." She clarifies.

"I don't think you should be saying that to anyone else."

"You haven't answered my question." She changes the subject, folding her arms over her chest.

"No, Liv, I'm not fucking Cassandra, apparently, she's way out of my league." I rephrase Sandra's statement.

"Bummer, you guys actually make a good couple." She tips her head to the side.

I don't know what part of the game this is but it's quite confusing.

"What are you doing?" I ask with genuine curiosity.

"Me?" She presses her finger against her chest, pointing at herself.

"Jace! Oh my God, dude, you can't pull one out at a party, it never works!" Cass sounds frustrated.

"See? She sounds just like you." Says Olivia as she strides to the bathroom door and pulls it open, Cass is now standing in front of Olivia and she suddenly widens her eyes.

"Oh, shit, I'm sorry, I didn't know you had company." Says Cass in an apologetic tone.

"It's okay, I was about to leave anyway." Olivia assures Cass, "Olivia." She extends her hand for a hand shake.

"The Olivia? Oh, wow, hey, nice to meet you." Cass goes in for a hug instead, I raise my brows at the sight.

It's like my wife met my lover and they decided to get along and I don't even know which one is my wife and which one is my lover.

"I'm gonna go now." Olivia announces once they pull away, "It was really nice meeting you." She says to Cass then she glances back at me and steps out the door.

"She's cute," Cass closes the door behind her, ambling further into the room.

"Real tease." I respond.

"Broke up with her boyfriend?" She asks, leaning against the bathroom sink.

"Not really." I scratch my head, avoiding eye contact.

"Dude-"

"I asked her to tell me to stop and she didn't." I defend, raising my hands in the air.

She sighs, "Have you ever had someone get with you because of how good looking you are?" She asks me.