Chapter 3: What Friend?

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

We won the game Friday night.

I actually played like I was playing for the last time cause news flash, I was.

I broke the news to my teammates after the game while we were celebrating in the locker room, the room turned terribly quiet, almost as though someone had died, I swear I saw Coach Eric drop a tear and so did my best friend Diego and every one else just looked sad.

I got home that night and I thought about telling my family about me not playing football anymore but I walked in and found them all sitting together and laughing while watching a family sitcom, it looked like they were having a good time, I didn't wanna make it about me.

That was Friday, today is Monday and I still haven't told them.

Kevin, AKA the guy that fucked my ex girlfriend felt like coming up to me and saying shit about me not playing football anymore, I immediately printed my fist in his stupid face, he fell to the floor and I climbed on top of him, fisted his stupidly expensive shirt and I punched him till his face was smeared with blood and my knuckles gave out.

That dumb reaction landed me in this office.

The principal's office.

Mr Kelton has his fingers entwined on his desk as he stares at me with a narrowed gaze, he has that tired look on his face and I bet he doesn't even know what to do with me at this point.

I've been in this office about five times since the school year began but the man always shrugs it off because he used to bang my Mom, he claims it's because I'm good at football but I don't think he knows that I know.

"One week suspension." Is what he says in a serious tone. "And I'm calling your Mom." He informs me.

The first thing that comes to mind is don't call my Mom, you creepy fuck, she's a married woman, but I don't actually say that. Regardless of everything, he's still my principal, he has the right to call my Mom.

Besides, I like that he suggested calling her and not telling her to come over.

"Fair." I sigh, at least it's not expulsion.

"You can go." He looks at the door behind me, I bring myself to my feet and his eyes raise with me, "Are you acting out because you're not playing anymore? Should I tell your mom to get you some help?" He sounds concerned.

"Some help?" I ask, feeling a little confused.

"Therapist? Psychologist?"

Go fuck yourself.

"No, I'm good, thanks though." I showcase a fake smile, leaping out of the chair and getting out of his office as fast as I can.

The hallways are almost empty, it's kinda crazy how people run out of this place the second that bell goes off.

I shove my hands in my pocket and I head towards the school exit, I push the doors open and I find Diego leaning against the railing, smoking a joint.

"Finally, does it take a century to expell someone?" We both descend the steps.

"Fuck off, I didn't get expelled." I hiss, snatching his joint and bringing it to my lips.

"Of course you didn't," He sighs disappointedly, "Ready for the race at the valley tonight?" He questions.

I inhale the smoke, letting it relax my insides before exhaling through my nose.

Shit weed.

"Yeah, just gotta clean my bike first." I pass the joint back to him.