Chapter 20: Hallcreek River.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

Hallcreek River is all about business, it's neat and nice hence why it's considered a tourist attraction.

My Mum's pizzeria is one of the many restaurants lined up at Hallcreek River but it's nothing fancy, it's simple and loud and Mum sets up a stage outside the restaurant on Sundays so random talented people can perform infront of a crowd.

My Mum lets my siblings and I work at the restaurant on weekends, I hate every moment of it, not because I don't wanna help out but because of all the stares and flirting I receive from some of the customers.

I won't lie, I really used to like the attention but now it's just upsetting.

Diego and I set up the stage outside earlier but it started raining so I guess no one is performing tonight.

I haven't thought about the talk I had with Olivia, I like how the conversation ended.

I have a feeling she won't actually break up with her boyfriend but maybe that's a good thing, but then again if she does end up doing it then.... Well, I don't know, we date? We fuck? We keep making out?

I haven't thought about it that much but I guess we'll do whatever she wants, Cass would disagree with that statement but I'm not like Cass, she's the hot person who knows what she wants while I don't even look at myself in the mirror long enough to call myself hot so how am I supposed to know how much I'm worth?

The rain clears but there's still that chilly weather and a little bit of mist outside.

There's a band setting up their equipment on stage outside, this is the part that most people anticipate so they exit the restaurant to check them out.

Which leaves us with cleaning up the place.

"Okay, fine, you don't have to cry, go have fun, I'll clean up." Mum shoos us with her hand, Aaron launches to her, wrapping his arms around her and thanking her in Spanish.

"Well, you're in a good mood." Says Marianna as she makes her way to the back of the restaurant.

Aaron rudely tosses his dirty apron at me and exits the restaurant, I don't call him out on it cause I'm not in the mood for talking.

I reek of everything that's found in this restaurant so I hit the showers, I change into the fresh clothes I left in the locker room the last time I was here.

I plan on going for an adrenaline ride but as soon as I make it outside the restaurant and hear the boys on stage singing, I decide to stay for a bit.

I stand at the far back of the crowd, Diego and Blair find me, getting all cozy with each other and they can't stop whispering and giggling.

They are basically dating at this point but it's not my place to tell them.

My sister Marianna bumps into my shoulder, her way of announcing her presence, her brows furrow at the sight of Diego and Blair then her eyes shift to me for an explanation, I shrug, not really wanting to get into it.

The band starts playing another song and more people gather to listen to them.

"I think I have a crush on the lead singer." Marianna shouts in my ear due to how loud the music is, I scrunch my face at her. "What? He looks like he'd be a good fucking time." She looks ahead and bites her lip.

"Are you having sex?" I ask her, she snaps her head to me and snorts.

"No, are you?" She asks.

"Oh, my God." I laugh, shaking my head at her.