Chapter 18: Feelings.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

Olivia went upstairs to shower, I'm currently pacing back and forth in her living room like a nervous little bitch.

The fuck am I nervous about?

I don't know why I'm here, I think it has something to do with my feelings, which is a first cause it's never about how I feel, I'm all about making other people satisfied.

Which proves that Cass was right.

This is not gonna end well for me.

Her dog is watching me and growling at me but hey, what's new?

Thirty minutes pass and she still hasn't walked down those stairs.

How many minutes does it take a girl to shower?

I wait a little while longer but I eventually find myself climbing the stairs, as soon as I get upstairs I hear muffled sobbing coming from what I'm assuming is her room.

She's crying?

She's been up here crying while I was down there trying to communicate with her dog?

I grasp the doorknob, slowly twisting it open and peeking my head inside first.

She's sitting on the edge of her bed in her bathroom towel, hair still damp from her shower, head facing down as she breaks down.

Okay, this is random.

I quietly enter the room, slowly striding towards her and squatting down in front of her.

I reach out to hold her hand but the second my hand brushes hers, she gasps and jerks her hand away, snapping her eyes open to look at me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." I surrender.

She quickly wipes her tears away, her eyes look red like she's been crying for a long time.

I don't know how to handle women crying.

Whenever my sisters cry, I tell them to shut the fuck up or suck it up and when my ex Sandra cried during our arguments, I let her finish crying and then I'd walk out on her afterwards but this is Liv, I don't know how to handle Liv.

She's.... Unpredictable.

Seeing her break down like this makes me curious, I wanna know what caused it.

"Why are you crying?" I ask, resting my arms on my knees.

"I'm okay." Her voice sounds hoarse and he gaze lingers on her lap.

"You don't look okay." My fingers lift her chin to meet my eyes, her watery blue eyes search my face and a pained expression crowds her face.

"I'm sorry." Her chest heaves and her tone cracks.

"For what?"

"Being selfish, I shouldn't be doing this to you or him." She wipes her cheeks.

"Is that why you're crying?" I snicker.

"Isn't that why you're here? To tell me I'm a selfish bitch?" She tucks her dark strands behind her ear, I grin and she puts on a confused look. "Why are you smiling?" She questions.

"You said bitch."

"Jace." She looks elsewhere, smiling.

"Sorry, it's just so nice to hear you curse."

"Jace." She looks at me.

"Sorry, you were saying?" I try to look as serious as I can.

"You're not taking this seriously," she huffs, her fingers hemming the towel.