Chapter 29: Ditch Day.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

Olivia and I are good, I think, our sex life is a little on hold without her knowing it but we're good. We had a fantastic time at the racing ring and she actually admitted to having fun.

But then just when I think I have it all under control...

She proves me wrong.

The school hallway is crowded and noisy but I still spot them, laughing and slapping each other's shoulders in that playful or should I say flirtatious way.

I don't know who the guy he is but he looks genuinely interested in her.

It makes my skin crawl.

"Who the fuck is that?" Diego shuts his locker and stares at them too.

"I was gonna ask you the same thing." I respond, scowling at the way she grins up at him.

"Well why are you still standing here for? Let's go find out." He slaps my shoulder with the back of his hand and starts walking towards them.

I should stop him, right?

Cause Olivia and I are doing that whole trust thing?

Fuck the whole trust thing, if I see someone flirting with my girl, I'll fucking react, prevention is better than cure.

"Hey, sweethearts." Diego cuts in between the two, leaning his shoulder against the locker door, showing Olivia his back as he faces the guy.

"Uh...." The guy looks back at me and then Diego. "Hey?" He lets out, so unsure of what's happening.

"What are you doing?" Olivia whispers to Diego, moving from behind him to stand by his side, she glances at me but it's quick and brief.

Ooookay?

"What's your name?" Diego ignores Olivia's question.

"Tyler." The guy responds, looking back and forth between Olivia and Diego, "Boyfriend?" He points a finger at Diego while looking at Olivia, she quickly shakes her head no.

I wait for her to point at me instead but she doesn't, infact she doesn't even look at me.

My asshole side says grab her and kiss the life out of her right now, right in front of this Tyler person but the matured part of me says she just doesn't want attention, that's the only reason why she's not pointing at you right now.

Either way, it hurts my feelings, I haven't had someone hide our relationship like this before, I'm used to girls forcing me to take pictures with them for their Instagram but this girl is making me feel like I'm in a fucking love affair or some shit.

Diego's mouth is moving, he's saying something intimidating to the guy but my ears already cut them off, I already heard enough.

"Hey, tell your friend to cut it out." She says to me like I'm some random dude who decided to bully her new guy friend in the hallway.

I scoff at her, turning around and letting my feet drag me away from the scene. Diego calls my name behind me but I don't look back, I find my way to English class, sitting by my usual table by the window, the bell goes off not long afterwards and people start walking in.

I really try not to but my mind won't leave me alone until I do it so I pull out my phone and I send her a text.

*The fuck was that?"

*I'm in class, you mind?*

*Wtf?*

I stare at the screen, waiting for an explanation or any response.