- 16

L I Z Z I E16 | a confidential arrangement

L I Z Z I E
16 | a confidential arrangement

Tia ends up handing her task over to me after breakfast while she heads out to buy groceries. That's how I end up dressed in a pair of black shorts and a loose T-shirt with my hair thrown in a messy bun with a duster in my hand when the doorbell rings.

In my hurry, I open it without checking who it might be first. Big mistake because the man behind the door turns out to be the guy I left naked in his bed just this morning.

Mr. Pierce is standing with an arm leaning against the wall. His arms are crossed as his studying gaze sweeps through my outfit. He is dressed in jeans and a crisp white shirt with the top few buttons undone, displaying a gorgeous expanse of rock-hard chest underneath on which I dug my nails last night. His stance is charmingly positive and one that makes me self-conscious.

"Your roommate in, Miss. Gold?" His raspy voice, the one that melted in my ear last night when he spoke filthy words, is the one that breaks my attention.

My throat immediately grows dry at the realization that he is really here. By the expression on his face, he doesn't look impressed.

"Huh...good morning, Mr. Pierce," I chirp out, feeling awkward instantly.

He doesn't respond instantly. Instead, he takes his sweet time stepping into my apartment without my permission, walking right past me.

"Shut the door, please."

I do as he says, closing the door back as my stomach forms a knot at his commanding presence inside my house. He is my boss. How can he just barge in here without letting me know he was dropping by? Should he even be here?

"Your roommate in?" he repeats his question, spinning around to face me after taking his gracious moments to scan through the bare walls of my apartment.

"No, Mr. Pierce," I reply robotically as if his presence here early morning is an everyday occurrence. "She left to buy groceries."

"Good."

A side of his lips pulls up to a smirk and as I watch, he erases the space between us with a few steps, grabs my face between his strong hands, and crashes our mouths together.

With the first brush of his lips over mine, the duster falls loose from my hand, toppling to the floor. I am on my toes, molding my lips with his, each swipe sending tingles of need down my spine to the wet spot between my legs.

I hear him moan like he has been wanting to do this all the way here. I do the same, needing his mouth because I have memorized its shape and know the exact routine he will go through as he worships my lips.

His tongue swipes inside my mouth, tangling with mine as a sweet taste greets my tongue. I curl my fingers around his biceps, melting into the kiss. He is soft and gentle with his lips this time, unlike last night. But his touch is possessive, rough as he moves his hands down to lift me off the floor.