- 39

L I Z Z I E39 | un-break my heart

L I Z Z I E
39 | un-break my heart

The next morning, my plans to sneak out of Ryan's penthouse go down the drain. I wake up caged in his bulky arms, his masculine naked body hot as he sleeps peacefully with his nose buried in the crook of my neck. It sends a rush of awareness through me that we are this close, this intimate.

Last night is a blur of images swirling in my brain. I do however remember his every kiss, every touch. He was gentler with me last night, gentler and more loving than he had ever been. Even after we were done, he took the time to clean me up before sliding under the covers behind me to cuddle me. Sleeping in his arms was a restless dream.

I squirm under his hold, stopping when his morning wood drags across the crack of my bare ass. I bite down hard on my lip as I attempt to push his arm off me, only for him to tighten it further.

"Ryan...let me go..." I shake him and his eyes fly open.

He blinks at the ceiling before his gaze lands on me and his lips widen with a grin.

"Good morning, babe..." he mutters lethargically, swooping his head down to kiss me.

My belly plummets when he draws closer, his expression changing when he notices that I am in no mood for his antics. He draws his eyebrows together, the blanket sliding down his chiseled body. His hair is ruffled as he rakes a hand through them while I take the moment of his confusion to escape from his arms.

He tries to grab me again but is unable to. I don't even think of showering first as I wear my dress from last night, mentally taking note that my jacket is in the other room along with my heels.

"Lizzie...where are you going?" Ryan asks from the bed in a groggy voice while I pick up scraps of my sanity left from his bedroom floor.

He tore my panties last night and I am in a hurry to take time to wear my bra so I bundle both materials in my hand. I stride out of his bedroom without looking back. I have a headache, one which pounds in my skull as I keep recalling last night a bit more vividly.

Guilt claws at my chest as I recall Reece's expression, his confession that he loved me. It is a guilt I don't want to feel because whatever happened last night was in no way my fault. But the fact that I hurt someone, another Pierce brother for that matter, bites me.

I pick up my jacket and sling bag from Ryan's bar counter, shoving my bra and panties inside. I head straight for the elevator. Before I can step inside though, Ryan catches up to me, his hand pulling me by my arm as he spins me around to face him.

I catch a breath as he pushes me against a wall, our chests inches away from each other. He is bare-chested, his dark jeans from last night hanging low around his hips, the button unhooked. The erection is still there although a less prominent one now.

"Let me go!" I yank my elbow off his grip.

He steps back, confusion plastered all over his face as he raises his hands. "Lizzie...what's wrong? Where the fuck are you going?"