- 37

L I Z Z I E37 | just wants me

L I Z Z I E
37 | just wants me

"What's there to love about the prequels? It's faded into a bullshit love story."

"How dare you!? The prequels are my favorite. Anakin Skywalker is lit!" Tracy slaps Charles' elbow with a playful shove.

It is Tracy's birthday and she got us entry to a posh burlesque near the office. Charles is the manager who I think has a crush on her and she knows that for sure considering he hasn't left her side ever since we arrived. He knocks elbows with her, giving her a dimpled smile.

I watch their interaction curiously as the six of us — Tracy, Linda, Charles, Gavin from Finance, Dev from Projects, and I lounge in the sitting area of the speakeasy Charles booked for Tracy as her birthday gift.

He brought her a diamond necklace too which she has around her neck now. He even made her wear it himself. Gavin gifted her a bracelet, and Dev an IPad. Linda, her best friend, gifted her a gold frame with her picture from when she won Miss. LA in her early twenties. I am the only one who gave her an ordinary gift — a special edition of Pride & Prejudice which she once said was her favorite book.

I have never had friends before so being with them, all these older people who are past my age, makes me feel a bit awkward. I joined in because I had nothing else to do at home. These people are out of my league. They don't even need to do the jobs they do. They just do it for fun, with the knowledge that their family wealth will be theirs one day without them asking.

The burlesque is packed with people, all its chairs filled while the dancers on stage perform one after another. A singer takes the center stage, her melodious sensual song adding a steamy vibe to the atmosphere. I have an untouched cocktail before me on the table and my hands are shoved between my thighs with the nervousness that skates through my body. The red lightening of the area and the salacious way the dancers move has me cringing in my seat.

I want to leave but also wish to stay as to not appear weirder than I already am. This is a place for rich people, not me.

"What is it with you girls and falling for villains?" Charles directs his question to the girls in the group, which include me. "They drag you to hell."

"I'd like to differ, Mr. Bates. There's a certain charm in being the villain," the smooth, velvety voice behind me melts hotly over my spine, sending a rush of awareness straight to my clit.

"Mr. Pierce?" Gavin is the one to rise from his seat, his face a mask of shock at seeing his boss after hours.

"Sorry to invade your party, Miss. Larkson," another voice, as equally familiar to me as the first one adds. "May we join in?"

I meet Tracy's eyes instantly who is startled like me. However, she composes herself quickly, beaming at our intruders.

"Yes, Mr. Pierce. Sure." She nods at them, shifting to scooch over to the other side, her companions following behind her.