15. The Radio is a Trap

(Fifteen's POV)

I run quickly in the hotel room with my laptop. It was true. Rex betrayed me and he told the Mogs about me. I shouldn't have trust him. Mogadorians are all the same. Trueborn or not. And about that Adam guy? I think he's just making it up. I can't believe he lied to me. I mean, how could a Mog possibly betray his people in an instant then join me.

I pack all of my things and put them inside my bag. I snatch the car keys and I'm going to leave now. I don't care if Rex finds out I'm already gone.

When I open the door, it was him. He's standing, scratching his head.

"Where've you been? I'm looking for you and the scouts are out there looking for you too," he says and looks at my bag and my case. "Where are you going?"

I ignore him and walk pass through him. "Somewhere, but you don't need to know. The Mogs might be ambushing me, throwing a dagger right into my heart, just after a minute a tell you."

My footsteps became louder. Maybe because I'm so upset. If I still trust him now, what'll happen next? Stab me with a knife right into my throat? Oh, I think I picked a wrong alley in here.

"What are you talking about?" he says. Following me and pulling my bag off of me. "And I'm not going to tell the scouts about you."

I look at him, staring him with hatred. So I speak up anyway. "Where were you when you're gone? I want to know the truth."

"What?" he says. Probably thinking a new story now. "Look, I left a note right in my-"

"That's not what I want to know! I want to know if you just betrayed me, left me so you could tell the scouts that I'm in here. The Mogs found me, you know. And I got curious, and think if you are the reason why they are here. "

Suddenly, I regret it. I don't want to tell the thing that I want to hear from him. What if he's going to make another story so the thing that I've said would look not true at all?

"Okay, the truth?" he asks, raising his eyes as if he's making this very serious. "I talked to Mr. Garcia and he told me he doesn't know Fourteen, but he does know where the place happened. Now, once I got out of his house, I saw a black car, always following me. That's why I got worried about you so I get back in here. Is that what you want to hear?"

We have to stare for a long time. I eye him, telling him if that was it. He widens his right eye as if to say that that was it.

"I'm sorry," I say, bowing my head in embarrassment. "It was kinda, my fault actually. I found a blog and post there in Loric language. I thought your laptop was protected so I don't mind. But once I got out from a store, they followed me. And... I was nearly going to die in there."

He nods, listening to what I was saying. Maybe next time I should've not suspected him about betraying me. I mean, he's a good man. A best alley I ever had. But if he really betrayed, I'm going to kill him.

I was so mad about him leaving me behind even though I'm the one who was supposed to find Fourteen. Maybe that was the reason why I got so mad at him when the Mogs appear and think he betrays me.

Rex pats my back, pulling off my bag and the case. "I'm sorry, too. Maybe we should've talked to Mr. Garcia together. And, if I'm going to actually betray you, then, hit me with you crazy illusions."

I let a little smile, and then he carries the bags away outside the hotel. I realize, we we're actually going on now. He already knows where Fourteen might be. This time, I think I'm really going to trust him. Really. He wasn't so bad after all. It's just that I doubt from him ever since we met that's why I got weak and my fear of being betrayed overcomes in me.

The Voyage of Thirteen (A Lorien Legacies Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें