FILE R-02 [MISSION 2]: Introduction

A/N: I'm sorry of this chapter is too short.

???
Scanning... Scanning.

The Edgerunners were frustrated and confused in front of a random sound from Hydro's.

???
Status: Harmless
No Threats found.

Hydro drops his guns and his cyborg enhancements line from his skin disappeared.

MAINE
You...

HYDRO
Okay... why are you coming here to kill me? I'm sick and tired of this bro, if you got anything to say, you can say that to my fist...

KIWI
This kid...

HYDRO'S ARTIFICIAL RIGHT EYE
That is not the reason why they are here to come after you. Dante and the others feel the same when they got on the future. These people came to the past. They aren't here to kill you. However... they already got killed.

The Edgerunners and Hydro was in a quite shock.

HYDRO
All... all of them?

HYDRO'S ARTIFICIAL RIGHT EYE
Except Lucy. However, their direct Target is Adam Smasher.

Edgerunners in a shock again.

DAVID
How did your AI know Adam S-

MAINE
TELL ME ABOUT ADAM SMASHER!

Hydro's artificial right eye tells about Adam Smasher menacingly.

HYDRO'S ARTIFICIAL RIGHT EYE
Adam Smasher, a full-borg and rival of . He is employed by and by 2077, has risen to the position of head of security and the personal bodyguard of Arasaka.

HYDRO
2077?

HYDRO'S ARTIFICIAL RIGHT EYE
Smasher is a towering cyborg, with little humanity left to be seen - not that he ever had much. After being reduced to mush by an RPG blast in the 00s, Arasaka offered him a choice - either pull the plug or become a full body cyborg. With little to no options and a lack of care for his human side, he agreed and became more machine than man.

DAVID
W-what?

HYDRO'S ARTIFICAL RIGHT EYE
Adam has no empathy for others - including his fellow employees - but Arasaka kept him alive, so he lives to repay their act by killing any enemies of the corporation Arasaka puts in front of him. What with a full-body conversion, not much is left of Adam Smasher the man. Well... his humanity was always questionable.

HYDRO
Adam Smasher? NC Boogeyman?

HYDRO'S ARTIFICIAL RIGHT EYE
That's Right. Smasher's in charge of taking out Arasaka's dirty laundry, but he likes to do things his own way. Way back in 2023, he killed Johnny Silverhand during the attack on Arasaka Tower, after which Silverhand's personality was digitized by the Soulkiller program.

DAVID/LUCY/MAINE/DORIO/KIWI/REBECCA/PILAR
Johnny Silverhand?!

HYDRO'S ARTIFICIAL RIGHT EYE
If Smasher finds out that Johnny's back, he'll probably want to finish what he started. Smasher doesn't leave loose ends.