01

"Are you Elena's twin?"

Everly-Rose Thomas quickly strode across the road, or as fast as she could managed

Everly-Rose Thomas quickly strode across the road, or as fast as she could managed. Her eyes occasionally glancing at the watch on her left hand, and her frown deepened every time when she do so. She was running late as she mentally scolded herself for breaking her perfect punctual attendance in her new semester.

At her nth time of checking her rose-gold, Roman numeral wristwatch, she successfully bumped into someone, making her stumbled few steps backwards.

"Sorry," She looked up, "Elena?"

The familiar brunette stood in front of her, something flashed in her brown eyes, and she said with a smirk that Everly didn't think she saw on her classmate before, "No, I'm not Elena. Who are you?"

"I'm Everly-Rose. Sorry, I didn't mean to presume. It's just you two look a lot alike," Everly said and asked, "If you don't mind, are you Elena's twin?"

"I am. My name is Katherine," The brunette's lips curled up into a confident smile as she held out her hand for Everly to take, who quickly returned the gesture after rushing to free her hands by hastily dropping her stuffs into the handbag dangling on her right shoulder.

Everly took a glimpse at the time and her eyes widened, and gave the brunette an apologetic smile, "It's nice to meet you, Katherine. I'm really sorry and I don't want to be rude, but I'm really running late for my first class. Do you mind if we catch up later?"

"No, you can call me on this number," Katherine passed her a small written paper.

"Thank you, again, I'm really sorry," Everly quickly added before speed-walking towards the Mystic Falls high school with her left hand gripping tightly on the piece of paper. But then abruptly slowed down as she peaked into her handbags.

Katherine heard the naive human girl quietly yelped in frustration and mumbled angrily under her breath, "Oh no, my art project! How can I forgot it's inside the bag before I dumped my water bottle in it? Now my perfectly straight mast just got snapped in half!"

She watched Everly pulled out the water bottle then sped up her pace as she reprimanded herself quietly, "There goes my punctual star. I knew I shouldn't stayed up so late. Now I'm late and losing my little, beautiful punctual star."

Katherine shook her head in amusement, strolling with leisure around the small town. It had been centuries since she met someone with eyes that were as pure and transparent as Everly's. The girl somehow reminded her of the person who she once was, an innocent young girl with all the kindness in the world.

Everly made it just in time before the bell rang, and she let out a sign of relief, knowing she had kept her punctual star. Her class passed by fairly quickly and ended her day with physical education in the school gym, where she sat by the bench and quietly writing essay onto her notebook.