21

"Niklaus, if you harm her–"

Damon sped into the Old Witch house where the group and Elijah had chose to be their base for their fight against Klaus

"Guys........You're not going to like what I'm about to say," He started, catching Stefan, Alaric and Elijah's attention.

"Cut to the chase. Is the sacrifice happening or not?" Stefan roughly questioned , desperately wanted the night to pass but at the same time, wished to preserve the night as long as possible for his girlfriend to stay alive.

"It's happening. I tried to stop it, but it got...complicated," Damon answered.

"We're sticking with the original plan. We're meeting Bonnie right now."

"He's got Jenna, Stefan."

"What?" He snapped his head at Damon who diverted his gaze onto Elijah.

"And he got Everly too."

"Continue," Elijah ordered, his lips tightened into a thin line.

Glancing between the suited Original and his brother, Damon informed, "He got Kath to lure Jenna out of the house and Everly followed her. She offered to take Jenna's place," He paused momentarily and Elijah felt his heart skipped a beat, "But Klaus wouldn't take her because of a necklace."

"A necklace?" Stefan furrowed his eyebrow.

"She said to ask Elijah."

The suited Original felt the older Salvatore's questioning gaze on him, as well as the group's, and he explained, "It's spelled for her protection. It'll protect Everly from supernatural harm."

"But why would Klaus just let her go? It doesn't seem like him," Alaric questioned, feeling something was untold.

"Because he thinks she is my weakness. That necklace is handcrafted by me a thousand years ago, when I was still human, a mere teenager. I had treasured it since it was my first successful product," Elijah said truthfully, his right thumb rubbing over the tiny scar on his right index finger, "And I cut my hand while carving it. Niklaus must have noticed the faint scent of my blood from it."

"You like her, don't you?" Stefan asked as realization dawn on him, making the other two men to look at the Original with stunned eyes.

"I do not fancy Everly," He answered, shaking his head, then added, fearing that they would interpret it as his disdain towards the girl, "She deserves so much more than a monster like us. I simply admire the strength of her heart."

Elijah paused, "Did Katerina said anything about Everly's current state? Did Niklaus harmed her?"

"He put her in a magical coma," Damon answered and he could almost see the suited Original's rage before it instantly disappeared without a trace.