10

"I brought donuts!"

Everly-Rose shot up from bed, sweating and panting heavily, as her fingers traced over the long gruesome scars on her chest that was hidden under the fabric of her pajamas

Everly-Rose shot up from bed, sweating and panting heavily, as her fingers traced over the long gruesome scars on her chest that was hidden under the fabric of her pajamas. She whimpered quietly at the phantom burning pain on the skin where the bomb fragments once were, and found herself unable to close her eyes without facing the haunting memory.

She picked up her phone, showing there was still several hours before dawn. Unable to rest, Everly went to the only person she knew that would be able to comfort her.

"Everly?" Katherine stirred away from her slumber upon hearing the thundering footsteps from the echoes of the cave.

"Katherine, who are you– Everly?" A male voice spoke up, appearing behind Katherine.

"Stefan? Why are you in the tomb?" Everly asked, eyes widening at the sight before her.

"What are you doing here? It's not safe here, Everly."

Katherine rolled her eyes at Stefan's wariness, "Oh please, Stefan. So dramatic."

"Yea, well. I'm sorry if I'm a bit worry after you fed on Jeremy. Who knows if you will do the same to Everly," He sassed.

"You feed on Jeremy?!" Everly looked at Katherine with widened eyes.

"Yup, he wanted to get the moonstone which is a no-no," Katherine replied, a smirk displaying on her face as she brutally uncovered her merciless personality that she had concealed for Everly's sake.

 Everly seemed taken aback at her sudden change, swallowing a gulp, she asked, "You didn't kill him, did you?"

"Unfortunately."

"Why are you acting like this?" She frowned.

"Like what? Being a remorseless and cold-hearted bitch?" Katherine snapped back, "If you can't handle it, just leave. No one wants you here."

Hurt flashed in Everly's eyes as she tried to hold back tears, and her heart pounded heavily, racing dangerously fast that she began to become breathless. Something wavered in Katherine's eyes as she attentively listened to the blue-eye girl's weak heart.

"Everly-" Before Stefan could comfort the girl, Everly had ran out of the tomb, heartbroken.

"Why did you do that? I thought you care about her and how can you say that after what Elijah told you?" He frowned deeply at the doppelgänger who had an unreadable expression on her face.

"Elijah?" Katherine looked fearfully at the suited Original.

"Hello Katerina, Stefan."

"How are you alive?"

Elijah blatantly ignored the young Salvatore and dropped a small cooler on the ground, pushing it near Katherine's feet with the tip of his thousand dollars shoes, "This is for you, Katerina."