Chapter 8

Chapter 8

    Grandma Pei's house is not far from the school, only two streets away, but it is very small. This was the first thing Lin Nuan could think of. When she walked through two criss-cross alleys with Grandma Pei and came to a wooden door with peeling paint, the first thing she thought of was: small, small, and shabby. Adding up her previous and present lives, except for the time she was kidnapped by Lu Yicheng's design and locked in a damp and dark abandoned warehouse, she had never set foot in such a dilapidated place.

    She felt as if she had come to the kind of slums mentioned in the movie. When she had no place to step on her feet, Grandma Pei pushed open the dilapidated wooden door with peeling paint.

    The first thing that caught Lin Nuan's eyes was a row of golden osmanthus potted plants beside the courtyard. It is the golden autumn and October, the season of sweet-scented osmanthus, and the rich aroma is coming. Lin Nuan suddenly remembered the scent of lemon that she asked Pei Xu that day, and her cheeks became hot again at this moment.

    She felt that she must be crazy, it was unreasonable to come to Pei Xu's house for dinner, and now she thought of Pei Xu again.

    Crazy, she must be crazy. Lin Nuan thought so. She walked in with Grandma Pei and the others again, and within a few steps, she saw an old well in the corner. The mottled appearance, just like the old wrinkled skin on Grandma Pei, makes people feel that it must have carried a lot of years at a glance.

    Next to this old well is a cement slab used for laundry. On the cement board, there is a bar of soap and a bag of washing powder. A logo with a lemon pattern is drawn on the blue packaging bag of washing powder.

    Lin Nuan: "..."

    Above the washboard is a glass window. There was a door next to the glass window. Grandma Pei pushed the door open, letting Lin Nuan and Pei Shan go in first. Lin Nuan went in and took a look, and saw that the inside was well organized, not at all like the slums in the movie.

    Although Grandma Pei's home is small, it is extraordinarily warm. As soon as Lin Nuan entered, Grandma Pei asked her to sit down at the table first, and then poured her a glass of water.

    "Nuannuan, sit down for a while, I'll cook a few more dishes, and then we can eat." Grandma Pei said.

    Lin Nuan nodded. She suddenly thought of something again, looked up at Grandma Pei and said, "Grandma Pei, let me help you."

    "No need." Grandma Pei shook her hand, "Just sit here for a while." Yes, I'll be ready soon." After she finished speaking, she looked at Pei Shan and said, "Shanshan, you stay here for a while to warm up, I'll go in and cook the meal."

    "Oh, good." Pei Shan After listening to Grandma Pei's words, she immediately nodded her head in response.

    Lin Nuan originally wanted to say something, but seeing that Grandma Pei had already arranged everything, she had no choice but to sit there and wait for dinner.

    The sky had already darkened, and the figure of Grandma Pei was already busy in the kitchen. Lin Nuan glanced around, only to see that Pei Xu was never seen in this narrow room.

    She looked at Pei Shan and asked, "Pei Shan, where's your brother?"

    "My brother wants to work." Pei Shan said.

    "Part-time job?"

    "Yeah." Pei Shan nodded, "My brother has to go to work every time after school, and he often doesn't come back until very late."

    "Is that so." Lin Nuan said softly, she Lowering her head to take a sip of water, she suddenly thought of the bank card that Pei Xu gave her that day, the money must have been earned by him working part-time. Lin Nuan thought so. At the same time, she also let out a long breath, feeling thankful that she didn't have to face Pei Xu.