KAZUHA?!

"I can't believe we're doing this." Pantalone groaned, walking towards the dock in Liyue holding his AND Signora's. "Why do I have to go?"

"You don't have to- really it just has to be me and Signora. Maybe Childe and Scaramouche."

Pantalone stopped walking and sputtered in shock and annoyance before giving up and just scoffing.

Scaramouche on thé other hand was nervous. You once told him you met a boy on the Crux while tired and he was talking about kazuha. You said you met him once and you cut off by falling asleep.

He put the pieces together and assumed Kazuha was the boy and he got scared.

He wasn't scared in the "this is life threatening." Way. It was more of a "will he be disappointed?" Way.

"Are you okay?"You asked, noticing how tense he was.

"Stupid question." He scoffed. "Just do your job and get us to Fontaine." He sped up faster to the docks- he hated it but he was also embarrassed to be near you after that random outburst. Obviously because of his nation he's not gonna apologize.

You slowed down and watched as he ran off with a confused face. "What's up with him?" You asked.

Childe slowed down beside you. "Well, we know who burned the bank now. He's probably stressed that you're gonna be in the house of the people who literally burned it."

"Really?" You looked up at him in wonder.

He nodded. "Same with Signora. Scaramouche doesn't show it...but he cares. He really does." Childe smiled at you before continuing to walk.

"Hmm."

~~

"Thank you so much Beidou." You walked up to her and hugged her. You were all now boarded on the ship.

"Of course kid! Plan sounds neat, sure you'll have fun!" Beidou smiled, patting you on the shoulder. She then got a bit closer and whispered. "Killing anyone?"

"Archons no!" You yelled, but then got closer too. "I hope so."

She cackled before walking around, yelling at other Crux members to get everything ready to sail.

"Where's Kazuha?" You asked.

That single question made Scaramouche literally faint.

No like he literally fainting that Childe had to kneel beside him, with you running up after.

"Seasick?" Beidou snorted.

"What in the- oh." Kazuha walked up and froze in place when he saw Scaramouche. "That's uh, not something you see every day."

You looked at him then back at Scaramouche and repeated this movement until you put the pieces together- remembering the stories Scaramouche told you and that he mentioned a Kazuha once...

"Oh fuck."

~~~~

When Scaramouche woke up, he almost puked- he was moving and swaying around as if he was on a waterbed or rollercoaster. When he opened his eyes he jumped- making his puke literally ALMOST come out- when he realized he was on a boat and in a complete different room.

He turned to the other side of the room and almkst fainted again. There sat Kazuha on a chair beside you.

"So..." You chuckled awkwardly. "It's a nice...room."

"Your making this more awkward." Kazuha sighed and you nodded in agreement, keeping your mouth shut. "So, how have you been?"

"I've been uh, good. What about you?"

"Yeah. Killing people and ruining nations the dream huh?" Kazuha chuckled but there was no smile. "And I'm fine. Left Inazuma when I was wanted since you know, Tomo died and my best friend wasn't there to help."

You blinked as your eyes slowly widened. You slowly started to understand now. "I'll uh, I'll leave." You were about to stand up before Scaramouche spoke.

"No!" He said, almost scared. "Stay...you uh...gotta monitor me."

"I can." Kazuha said, with the most sinister smile on his face. "Y/N, go get some rest. You deserve it honey."

"Y/N as your boss I ask you stay."

"Well are you really her boss right now? You're in a boat in the middle of nowhere."

"Y/N. Stay."

"Sweetie, don't."

While the 2 argued you were standing up then sitting down and repeating the movement with every word they let out.

Signora thankfully came to your rescue. "Listen you skanks. Yell it out and leave the poor girl alone. Sweetie, come with me."

You never ran that fast out of a room in your life.

The next hour went by as all the Harbinhers sat in an extra room listening to the muffled yells of Kazuha and Scaramouche.

"So, how do they know each other?" Pantalone asked.

Before you could answer, Childe did for you. "When I was younger and still an assistant...I was actually Scaramouche's assistant."

The fact you practically replaced Childe made your whole day- scratch that, YEAR.

"He took me to Inazuma once and we saw Kazuha. I guess him and Scara were best friends with how Kazuha looked at him. and also, I guess by the looks of me, Kazuha figured out Scaramouche was a harbinger. He was disappointed, but more at the fact he didn't tell him. Scaramouche showed fear for the first time and ran. That same night we went on whatever boat we could find and headed back to Snezhnaya."

"That same night I was moved up. I guess he said something to her majesty so I wouldn't see him and his...not usual demeanour as he is today. Then a few weeks after, he found comfort in someone." He glanced at you and you frowned in realization.

He found comfort in you? A new worker he knew for a few days. It wasn't a lie when it was said you moved up faster than everyone else- only after 2 weeks you went from a new recruit to a full on Harbinger's assistant.

"And that someone taught him to show he didn't have to hide from us."

You smiled at Childe.

The next few minutes went on with more yelling and you could almost hear their shaking in their voice. It must've been a really upsetting talk to the point they sounded like they were about to break.

It ended with Kazuha yelling something along the lines of "I needed you." Then Scaramouche yelled something back, but unfortunately you couldn't hear it.

Part of you was actually kind of fortunate you didn't either.

Then a door slammed and it was silence, and then footsteps walked by the room. It wasn't your lords and it was most likely Kazuha.

"Maybe you should go check on him?" Childe whispered and you nodded, standing up from where you were sitting on your bed and making your way down the hall.

It felt weird that the bottom of a boat was literally a house.

You slowly opened the door to the room where yelling was happening just 2 minutes ago. You didn't hear anything, so you took it as a sign to open the door fully.

Scaramouche was laying on his side, his hat long discarded to the floor. He hated showing emotion, but the way he didn't even get mad at you for walking in, and looking at you with tears in his eyes- you felt special.

And sad to see him like that.

He glanced at the open spot beside him and you took the sign and sat there. You didn't touch him, hug him, talk or hold him, but your presence and silence was already comforting to him.

"Tell anyone you saw me like this and I'll make sure you won't even live to see Fontaine."

"Of course, my lord."