SIX. never have i ever... seen her ready to move on

ONLY A couple of days until the dance and Kalani still had no date and no dress

ONLY A couple of days until the dance and Kalani still had no date and no dress. She might as well not go... well, in her mind at least.

But instead of dwelling on the no date aspect she chose to celebrate her friend who did have dates.

She sat on Devi's bed with Devi and Eleanor as they waited Fabiola to come out with the dress she'd chosen for the night to come.

She soon came out and her friend smiled, complimenting her as she stood in front of the others.

"I don't know. I mean, Thanks, El, for bringing all these dresses over, but it's not very utilitarian. Like where do I put my TI-84?" She asked.

"You don't bring it whatsoever." Kalani chuckled.

"You have to look snatched for when you get Cricket Queen, which you definitely will, B-T-dubs." Eleanor said, "Everyone's voting for you."

"You think so?"

"I know so. Right, Devi?"

Devi sighed, "Guys, I need to tell you something. I think I might be sort of... dating Paxton?"

The trio raised the brows and in unison, "What?"

"What do you mean "sort of dating"?" Fabiola questioned.

"Paxton came through my window two night in a row to make out."

"How are we just hearing this?" Eleanor asked, "You should've texted us right after! Or during!"

"I know, but I think maybe something's not great about it. Last night, he came over and gave me this whole speech how he's not into labels or PDA."

"I wish some people were like that." Kalani muttered.

She clearly meant Ben and Anessa who were constantly making out near her locker and it would make the girl literally slam her head against her locker.

But this wasn't about her right now.

"Are you worried that he's ashamed of you?" Fabiola asked, "But he's dated you publicly before?"

"Oh my God. I don't think he called me his girlfriend then either. I just didn't notice."