FOUR. never have i ever... kissed my best friend

A MINI Ben story aka, the time Ben Gross thought he burst his appendix and had to go to the hospital when he was really full of shit (literally) and had to have surgery to get that said shit out of his body

He woke up post surgery with Paxton who had been the one to drive him their.

The two talked for a short while before there was a knock on his door. The duo looked up and saw Kalani standing at the doorframe with a small bouquet of flowers in her hands.

"I'll leave you two alone." Paxton said, taking his laptop with him and left them room.

"What are you doing here?" Ben asked.

Kalani entered the room, sitting on the edge of Ben's hospital, placing the flowers on his bedside table.

"Paxton texted me and told me you busted your appendix."

Ben felt a wave of of relief when heard that. That Paxton had embarrassed him by telling Kalani the truth.

"How are you feeling?" Kalani asked.

Ben smiled, holding his head down, "Like I'm full of shit, but better."

Kalani smiled, playing with her fingers as Ben watched her with careful eyes. She was thinking. He could tell. She would hold knit brows and twitch her lips from side to side.

"Hey, about that night in your car-"

"You remember?" Ben questioned.

"Yeah." Kalani chuckled, "I was tipsy, Ben. I wasn't completely out of it."

That fact that Kalani remembered that she initiated the almost kiss between her and Ben made him feel some sort of relief.

Kalani continued, "I just wanted to say, thank you. You know, for not taking it any further."

"No problem."