SEVEN. never have i ever... gotten my boyfriend back... but for real this time

THE LAST day of school

THE LAST day of school. The last time Kalani Wang would have to smell the air of Sherman Oaks.

But it wouldn't be the last time Devi had told her friends that she was accepted into Princeton. She finally decided to write a new essay which banked her a spot in her dream school.

Everyone seemed to know something about their future expect for Kalani.

But at 2:30, everything changed.

Kalani felt her phone buzzed her her pocket and pulled it out as Anessa, Fabiola, and Devi were engrossed in conversation.

She tapped on the notification and she could feel the smile growing wider and wider on her face as she read the email from Brown.

She had finally gotten in.

"Holy shit!" She smiled. The trio turned and looked over at the girl, "I got into Brown!"

The three girls showered her in praise. She could've cried... like, right then and there. This was her dream and now she could brag about it like everyone else without feeling bad about it.

And just in time for Ben to round the corner and make eye contact with the girl.

"What's going on?" He asked, "Why do you look like that?"

"I got into Brown." She smiled, approaching him.

"What?" Ben smiled, meeting her halfway, "Holy shit, Lani. That's awesome."

Ben closed the gap between them, engulfing the girl into a quick hug before backing down.

"Although I really deserve the credit for helping you live out your dream a little longer."

"Please." Kalani scoffed, "I totally knew that Brown was going to accept me. But, I guess I can owe you a day of my summer as a thank you."

"Oh, I'd love that, but I'm actually going away for the summer." He explained, "I'm leaving right after graduation to take an internship at a law firm in New York."

"Oh, my God. You're "leaving" leaving." Kalani sighed, "Wow, we've been through a lot these past four years. Crazy to see how far we've come from that."