FIVE. never have i ever... gotten my boyfriend back

EXCITEMENT COULD fill Kalani's body as she was handed an envelope from the principal and it was for a boarding school for seniors with some of the highest qualifications at most, if not the majority of high schools

EXCITEMENT COULD fill Kalani's body as she was handed an envelope from the principal and it was for a boarding school for seniors with some of the highest qualifications at most, if not the majority of high schools. The said school was called Shrubland and it was located in Colorado.

But like said, excitement could fill her body. But she was stuck between a rock and a hard place and she needed some advice.

She made her way towards the classroom and saw Ben sitting at the table alone. She entered and sat down next to him.

"You don't have this class."

"I know." Kalani said, "But I'm in dire need of some advice from someone who won't say shit just to make me feel good."

She pulled the Shrubland folder out of her bag and laid it out on the table.

"Holy shit. You got into Shrubland?"

"What do I do?"

"Do you really wanna go to some bullshit hippie school and commune with crystals or whatever?"

Kalani rested her chin in the palm of her hand and looked up at him, "Crystal bitches know their shit. It's all over TikTok. But going would be moving and maybe those crystal bitches will actual hate me."

"Shrubland is the Exeter of the Rockies."

"You just called it a bullshit hippie school."

"Yeah, out of pettiness. You have to go."

Kalani sat up, clasping her hands together in front of her, "I don't know if I wanna spend my senior year in the woods. I don't think I'd be able to do all those cooler senior things like prom or bullying freshmen at Shrubland."

"You aren't capable of bullying freshman, Kalani." Ben smiled, "It's dumb not to go."

Though Ben had been the one Kalani had gone to, she would have to eventually tell her friends. She hadn't burdened them with much her problems as Devi and Des had broken up because his mom was an absolute asshole, Fabiola had a new crush, and Eleanor had been dealing with Trent, his loss of his best friend, and the fact that she was the first in their group to have sex.