FIVE. never have i ever... met the voice in my head

IT HAD been a week since Nick had broken up with Kalani

IT HAD been a week since Nick had broken up with Kalani. And to be honest, she was completely fine.

She wasn't in love with the guy and he'd broken up with her because of some stupid code he and Ethan had... bullshit.

Kalani had better things to do. Like going to New York.

She held her carry on close as she made her way to her seat, her headphone practically locked onto her as she listened to Sabrina Carpenter singing the most heavenly note from decode.

She finally found her seat, right next to Ben and another girl.

Ben stood, moving to the seat in the middle and Kalani sitting down next to him.

She sighed, pushing one part of the headphones off of her ear to be able to hear better if anyone needed something from her. She held her phone in her hands, scrolling through her junky playlist before selecting another song off of emails i can't send and picking how many things.

"Is that your favorite song?"

She turned, her brows furrowed as she looked over at Ben.

"Is that your favorite song off the album?" He asked.

"Um, yeah, maybe." She answered, "I think Read Your Mind might be my all time favorite."

"Really? I could see you being more of a skinny dipping girl."

Kalani softly smiled, "I am, but I think Read Your Mind is more relatable for me."

She hadn't thought about her words before speaking, but Read Your Mind was 100% a song she could relate to, especially with Ben.

If she had the artistic ability she could've written the song herself.

And right then and there, Kalani knew this was going to be a very long trip.