Chapter 2

Yay! Chapter 2 is here for all of you too read! I hope you are liking how it begins. Remember that the first couple of chapters are shorter but they will get longer I promise. This chapter is in Paul's POV because we all want to know what Paul is doing. It will kind of go into how he is doing and why he is in the current situation that he has.

Don't forget to vote and comment!! Hope you like it!

******************************************************************

Paul’s POV

            “Time to wake up Paul,” I heard someone say. A light flashed into my face as whoever it was opened the curtains on my window. I groaned, burying my head under the pillows and blankets.

            I felt pressure on the edge of the bed before everything was yanked from over my head. “What’s the deal?” I said, familiar anger seeping into my voice. I flipped over to see who had interrupted my sleep to see Sam and Jacob standing in the room. Sam was by the window and my blanket and pillow were in Jacob’s hand.

            “You can’t sleep your life away Paul. You go on patrol in a few minutes,” Sam said, his arms crossed over his chest as he surveyed my actions. Everyone knew I had a temper problem and he didn’t want a fight to break out.

            I glanced over at the clock to see it was almost one o’clock in the afternoon. Beside the clock sat an empty bottle of Scotch. I sighed rubbing my hands over my face. I hadn’t meant to sleep this late. Usually, the alcohol didn’t have such a heavy affect on me but I guess it did last night.

            “I gotcha Sam. I’ll be ready when it’s my time,” I said slowly standing up from my bed. Shifters don’t get hangovers so I felt fine physically but mentally I was exhausted. The glance between Sam and Jacob didn’t go unnoticed but I didn’t want to get in to it with them right now. I pushed past them from the room and into the kitchen of my small cabin.

            Since I was going on patrol I wouldn’t need to get dressed anymore than I already was which were just the shorts I slept in. I flung the fridge open and grabbed some orange juice, drinking straight from the carton. Wiping my mouth with the back of my hand, I saw Jacob and Sam walk into the kitchen talking in hushed tones.

            I was up. I knew I had patrol. So why were they still here? It was slightly irritating. I placed the carton on the cabinet and waited for them to say whatever it was that they needed to get off their chests.

            Jacob cleared his throat and turned to face me. Send Jacob in first? That was new. “Listen Paul, we know that the past couple of months have been a little hard on you but this has got to stop,” he said. I tensed at the mention of the last few months. I locked the thoughts pertaining to that in the far reaches of my mind and I had no desire to reopen it.